Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

birthmark!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi im 21 and i have a birthmark on my face, above my lip so its in a sensitive place. its flat, round and dark brown, about the same size as your thumb nail!!. i have just being to see someone about getting it removed by laser but it is just wayy to much money at the moment :crying: !! i am going on my 1st holiday and the taughts of caking myself in makeup is killing me!! i also wanted to use a sunbed 2 r 3 times before i go to get a base colour!INO THEY ARE DANGEROUS BUT ITS JUST THIS ONE TIME! id there anyone that has ever had this problem... how did you cover up the birthmark / and does the tanning bed darken it? any good tips on waterproof makeup that would cover it??

thank ye alll :wave:

Comments

• Options
    Ok, firstly stay away from sunbeds.

Secondly, do a good search for camouflage make up tuition. Kryolan make an amazing range of camouflage make up (dermacolour) and it can be made waterproof. It's reasonably easy to apply and I think it's well worth the money.

Have you thought about how you could make it something that's part of your look? That might be better in the long run for you
  • Options
    i am only lookng to go onthe sunbed once for a base not the whole time.. unfort its never gooing to be apart of my look bacause is to dark for my skin..

thank you for advice on makeup i have tried so many products lol:)
  • Options
    It might be too dark for your skin, but if you just accept it as part of who you are and how you look I think you'll feel a lot better!
    For instance, I have scars and stretch marks all over my tummy after an operation. I didnt want anyone even my boyfriend to see them, I thought they made me look like a freak. But I decided after a while that it was part of my body and part of my story (as is yours because you were born with it), and that I had to accept it as it is.

A sunbed tan will last a very short time and you'll want to keep topping it up, and it's also possible it might darken your birth mark too. A spray tan would be a much better idea!
  • Options
    I would recommend working towards accepting it as a part of your body. I am covered in stretch marks and scars, it's just part of how I grew up. I've got stretch marks on my boobs because they got stupidly massive quickly, on my thighs from when I built muscle quickly, on my belly from getting a bit fat after having to quit sport after injury. And scars, well, they've each got something, mostly they say that sometimes I'm a bit clumsy.