Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you making in 2012?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is everyone's plans to make in 2012?

On my list is a tea cosy for my Uncle and his girlfriend (who amusingly are called Richard and Judy), a white kitten for me, a pair of purple beaded gloves for me, a lace top for me, a hat for my step-sister and of course a man-thong for my best man friend who promises to model it for us!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm going to draw a picture of our dog who died 9 months ago for my mum's birthday using my shiny new toy.

I'm also knitting Little Sister a hooded scarf.

And I still owe CCH a pair of socks...

AND I stupidly promised people hats...
    Aw that's nice. Sorry to hear you lost your dog :(

Hat's are pretty quick to make. If you use a thick yarn you'll be done in no time.

How are the socks going?
    I promised my friend a knitted baby blanket for her first child. Thankfully she isn't pregnant yet but it is going to take me all of 2012 I think as I knit so very slowly! So that is my only project.
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    How are the socks going?

I am going to rip them out and start again with new yarn.

(I say new, I mean old yarn that I've had lying around for about four years and is sort of the same colour (Boring Brown))
    As usual, I will be making an arse of myself.
    Im hoping to do lots of cooking and baking of yummy things. I got 2 new cook books for christmas so no excuse really
    I'm hoping to make 2 jumpers, a purple felt garison cap, a felt laptop cover and maybe some other stuff...
    I'm planning to make a dress a month. I've been looking for dresses in the sales, but none of them are quite right, so I'm going to make my own. 12 in a year is enough to keep it interesting without being too ambitious.

Obv also clothes for Superbaby and stuff to sell!
    now we are having a baby born in the family this year (not mine...) so I want to knit something small for them. Luckily it isn't due til the second half of the year though. Ideas appreciated... I'm thinking hat or socks or something else easy!
    now we are having a baby born in the family this year (not mine...) so I want to knit something small for them. Luckily it isn't due til the second half of the year though. Ideas appreciated... I'm thinking hat or socks or something else easy!

I made these booties for my nephew: http://www.fabulousyarn.com/PATTERNS/babybootypattern.htm it's a free pattern and really quick and easy.
    thank you, they're cute :) I could knit a hat and booties set!
    A book.
    thank you, they're cute :) I could knit a hat and booties set!
    That's what I did. I don't think my sister put them on the baby though, she did put the booties on him once but she said booties "made his feet look gay" but don't let my *insert adjective here* sister stop you though. I think they look really cute.
    well I'm now doubting the hat idea as just realised baby is going to be growing up in a place a tad (or a lot...) warmer than the UK. think average temperatures of about 12 degrees in January and 28 in July. So maybe just a few pairs of booties. I reckon they'd get worn, if only for a photo!
    well I'm now doubting the hat idea as just realised baby is going to be growing up in a place a tad (or a lot...) warmer than the UK. think average temperatures of about 12 degrees in January and 28 in July. So maybe just a few pairs of booties. I reckon they'd get worn, if only for a photo!

I deffo think you need to allow for these things. My daughter was born in July (in a heatwave) and I got loads of newborn-sized cardigans and hats that people had knitted that she just never wore cause it was 28+ degrees. If they'd have made 3-6 month stuff, or if they were more suitable for the summer, I'd have loved using them.

If it's warm all year round, why not knit something in cotton or bamboo? I crocheted a little light cotton blanket (about 2ft square) that I used constantly. Or you could make a sun hat? Or a stuffed animal?
    started a hat, I tried to make it 12 month size (according to a website) so that if the baby is a big baby it fits and also I figured it was better to be on the large side than small! I guess even in 7 or 10 degrees weather a hat may be useful if you have no hair! I may make a little teddy to go with it. I keep changing my mind so maybe I will stop posting here and let you know what I decided on when it is made!

You all have brilliant ideas though!
    This year I'll be mostly making man batter.
    385140_10150560248144933_516914932_8380955_1043542433_n.jpg

Socks, so far.

They're a lot bigger than they look (as in, stretchiness wise, not length). They will actually fit someone. Especially since the guy who has agreed to take my My First Socks Experiment as a birthday gift is hella skinny.
    I am going to make lots of tattoo designs this year, so if anyone wants one doing let me know :)
    I am going to make lots of tattoo designs this year, so if anyone wants one doing let me know :)

You any good at drawing winding stairways?
    So far in 2012 I have done a pink snood (for Piccolo's homeless project knitting campaign), a rouched Tea cosy, a pair of baby booties for my cousin's new baby, a man thong and a ribbed hat for my step-sister.

Works in progress are the lace top, the white kitten and a pair of Malabrigo socks.
    So far ive made my own homemade brownies (jamie oliver's recipe) and a cheesecake for my mums birthday tomoro, which came out lovely :D yay!
    Guess how awesome I am :D

398382_10150609955069933_516914932_8511687_2087697406_n.jpg

I messed up on the toe (I realised when I got to the end of the decreases, that I was supposed to do one row including decreases, then one row k all, but never mind), and a bit just after the heel, but I'm proud of them :D
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    What I'm going to be making more of:
    Attachment not found.

It's meant to be an owl, going to have another try to make it look more owl-like!
    owl.jpg 283.7K
    I'm just planning to travel a lot. And to read more. And love more :X that's all :)
    I finished my cowl last night:

ThXuNh.jpg
    I started the April Knit-A-Long that I'm doing early (yesterday) and...er...I may already be halfway done. Considering making it one pattern repeat bigger than the pattern calls for, but that may wait until I make the next one for myself. This one, since the yarn was dead cheap, is for a friend of mine in the States, who helped me pick my yarn colours.

4qbo-qeymnc
    I have 3 projects I want to do this year.

1 - Create a moroccan chill out area in my back garden.........which based on research prices will be best done with me building the sofas myself rather than attempting to buy them.

2 - Make my own fetish wear dress. Have found some good websites and youtube tutorials to help get me started, and found a latex supplier at reasonable cost.

3 - Focus on getting my blog more article based and less "PMS rant" based. :D
    Need to bump this to see peoples awesome stuff! I've been working on an Aran style sweater for my brother since Christmas but have lost all my mojo. Maybe seeing others projects will bring it back ;)
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I've made one of my fingerless gloves:
    wrist.jpg

Hoping I can get the other one done soon so I can wear them :D