Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Online dating

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know, people keep commenting on my profile to say I'm boring.

Maybe I am, but that's not the bloody point.

They're stupid.

Also your profile is amazing, because I wrote it.
  • Options
    Frank I created one, all I've done is put a pic on and I've had 11 weirdos message me. How have they even found me???
  • Options
    kezia wrote: »
    Frank I created one, all I've done is put a pic on and I've had 11 weirdos message me. How have they even found me???

You're new, and putting photos up comes up in their feed.

Block and ignore. It'll keep you sane.
  • Options
    Quite a few people search by last online and just bulk message anyone who's new. I expect the thinking is that you're new so won't see them as the sex pests they are. They're wrong.

On a similar note, could anyone explain to me why certain men insist on posting photos of their cock on dating sites? Nobody wants to see your leaky cyclops, put it away.
  • Options
    Quite a few people search by last online and just bulk message anyone who's new. I expect the thinking is that you're new so won't see them as the sex pests they are. They're wrong.

On a similar note, could anyone explain to me why certain men insist on posting photos of their cock on dating sites? Nobody wants to see your leaky cyclops, put it away.

There was an article on okc not very long ago that explained that all those preconceptions we have about the photos people put up (i.e. no duckface, no myspace posing, no showing off the abs) are actually bullshit, and those people get the same amount of messages or more.
  • Options
    I can imagine that working with the duckface and the MySpace photos, sometimes I have a look at those profiles for the lulz. And then message if, actually, they seem interesting.

It's just the knob photos that get me. Has any woman, anywhere, anyhow, ever gone "phwoar, what a fantastic bacon torpedo, I want that filling me tra-la-la right now *squirt*"?
  • Options
    Everytime, what do you think they make tenalady for?!
  • Options
    I think there is good and bad in everything. Not everyone has had a good experience of online dating but i have. I have been with my partner now for 3 years, we were talking on the computor for 4 years before we got together and now we live with eachother and have done for 2 and a half years... i love it :D
  • Options
    It's just the knob photos that get me. Has any woman, anywhere, anyhow, ever gone "phwoar, what a fantastic bacon torpedo, I want that filling me tra-la-la right now *squirt*"?

I'm sure they have, though maybe not quite in those exact terms...
  • Options
    I think there is good and bad in everything. Not everyone has had a good experience of online dating but i have. I have been with my partner now for 3 years, we were talking on the computor for 4 years before we got together and now we live with eachother and have done for 2 and a half years... i love it :D

We gotta know though, was your boyfriends profile photo of his penis?
  • Options
    Good luck! i've tried online dating once, but i haven't met not one decent guy. Just perverts.