Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hello anyone there?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi I am new to the site.
Feeling very low at the moment. I last burnt myself on Saturday and am in a lot of pain physically and emotionally. Feeling very guilty as the last time I did this was about 3 years ago , I thought I had beaten it. Feeling very lonely right now

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Deeby, welcome to TheSite :wave:

It sounds like you're feeling really low and lonely at the moment. There are always people here on the discussion forums to listen and to offer advice and support :)

It's really positive to hear you've managed 3 years without anything like this happening, that's something to be really proud of so try not to forget that. Hopefully talking about it will help you to make sense of things and get you back on track. Can you think of any particular things you've done in the past that have helped when you're feeling like this for example?

Relapses can happen from time to time so it's worth thinking what might have led up to it. Has anything happened in your life recently that might have triggered this?

We have some good info on having a relapse that you might like to read: http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm/havingarelapse

I'm going to move your thread over into the Health & wellbeing forum, there are other people here who have experienced similar feelings and will be able to offer their support too.

Is there anyone you can talk to, a friend maybe that you trust or someone in your family? Of course, feel free to keep posting here too :)

Big hugs *hug*
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Deeby, welcome to TheSite.org :wave: I echo what Jo has said to be honest. Try looking after your burns. Your never alone here. Do you know why you burnt yourself? Congratualtaions on going 3 years without self harm, you should be very proud of yourself!!