Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Best Ways To Reduce Body Fat?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello friends...!
What Are The Best Ways To Reduce Body Fat..? If anyone have any idea about it then please reply me...Thanks in advance...!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    All you need to do is eat less carbs.
    Ways to Reduce Body Fat Percentage

Hello :wave:,

People are always talking about ways to lose fat and get in shape. There is no single magic bullet, but making a plan that involves being more active and eating healthier (and sticking to it) can go a long way in achieving a lower body-fat percentage. Accountability is also a key component of a plan.

Become More Active
    You don't necessarily have to train like a marathon runner to lose body fat. Instead, find small ways to increase your physical activity. For example, take the stairs instead of the elevator, park your car a little further away from our destination to get a little walking in, and take the dog for a longer walk. When you're ready to start an exercise regimen, talk with a doctor to determine how best to start.

Eat Healthier
    Begin planning a healthier diet before even entering the supermarket. Prepare a list of meals for the next week and the foods you need to buy to make them so you don't end up opting for easier to make, less healthy meals or junk food.
    When preparing meals, cook moderate-sized portions and only eat that quantity. In addition, don't skip meals because that can lead to overeating later.

Find a Partner
    Accountability makes any regimen more effective. Knowing that someone will check up on you, your diet and exercise routine is an additional motivator. This partner can even exercise with you or share recipe ideas to help get in shape. You'll find that bringing another person into the routine with you will give you more reasons to work hard and make you less likely to skip workouts or cheat on meals.

Best of luck,
    Randy.
    Fix you eating habits and Do some cardio exercises like swimming , running , jogging and cycling . Eat more vegetables and fruits . And never eat ur food before going in bed because this is the worse thing that some peoples do that caused them to gain weight .
    Cool post about reducing the over weight,I do agree with all the suggestions here.I will comment that one should prefer chicken and fish for proteins instead of beef and red meat.Green tea,cardio like walking and swimming are great activities.
    All you need to do is eat less carbs.
    Um no...

The way to reduce body fat is to burn it off... Eat less calories, do more exercise. Obviously, being careful not to over-train or under eat.

Tristan, are you quite over weight or looking to burn off a little fat? Are you trying to build muscle too?
    Weights! Lots of weight training! Calorie restriction and some cardio to improve your fitness.

- Weights will increase muscle mass which will increase your metabolism and therefore help you burn more calories even while you arent exercising
    - Calorie restriction is the easiest way to control your weight, find out what your basal metabolic rate is and take off 300 calories
    - Cardio will burn calories while exercising but will not increase your metabolism for the rest of the day like weight training does. The benefits of cardio for me is to purely burn calories, improve fitness and tide me over between weight sessions.

To put it into perspective, to lose 1lb of fat you need to burn 3500calories so if you want to lose 1kg a week with a 300calorie daily deficit, you will need to do about 3hours a week of exercise. I found classes are the best way to start unless you have a personal trainer, body pump will take care of weights and things like rpm/spin and body attack take care of the cardio.
    Walking is crap exercise. It barely burns more energy than sitting in front of the sofa.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    minimi38 wrote: »
    Walking is crap exercise. It barely burns more energy than sitting in front of the sofa.

I think it depends on how sedentary you are in the first place - if you never walk anywhere and then start walking 30 mins a day at a fast pace and get quicker and quicker each day, then you will probably notice a difference in your fitness level and general wellbeing. If you already walk a fair bit, then you're right, to see an improvement you'd need to do something that raises your heart rate far more to have any impact.

Walking is generally pretty good for lots of reasons though.