Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

sseking mental health advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I have a little history of mental health, and I was woundering if anyone could point me in the direction of some help. I used to self harm, but stopped, however things have been getting worse in other areas. I've been experiencing bouts of suicidal feelings, and the main problem I suppose is how calm I feel about it. I know it isn't "normal" in a sense to feel this way.

I'm not interested in doctors, I've had a bad experience with them and its put me off. Nor am I looking for a quick fix. At most I'm looking for something neutral, but I know that's impossible.

I'm 20, in a job I don't like, with a girl I'm not 100% about, with few friends.

Any links or recomendations or anything would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry to hear how your feeling...
    Have you tried contacting the Samaritans? You can call or email 24/7 and talk through how your feeling completely confidentially and they are non-judgemental.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Sorry to hear how your feeling...
    Have you tried contacting the Samaritans? You can call or email 24/7 and talk through how your feeling completely confidentially and they are non-judgemental.

:yes: Samaritans is definitely a good place to email or call if you're looking for someone impartial to just listen and help you reflect on your experiences.

If you're looking for more practical support then SANE might be worth exploring... http://www.sane.org.uk/

In the meantime, why not tell us a bit more about yourself to see if anyone can here can help?

What's the job you don't like and do you have any idea of what you'd rather be doing?

Do you feel like you feel 99% about your girl and it's niggling doubts you have or is there more to it than that?

And finally, do you feel able to talk to any of the few friends you have about your feelings or what kinds of things do you do with them to cheer yourself up?

Feel free to answer or ignore as much as you like. :)

Suicidal feelings can lead to feelings of numbness about the world and are often overwhelming and so by trying to anchor yourself in reality and recognising that there are still choices and possibilities available to you, you might start to feel differently.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    maybe samaritans would be worth looking into then. thanks both of you. just had a look at sane... maybe...

im an apprentice engineer at a small company thats family run. the whole set up is a joke. certain "promises" are never kept up, the general practice is if you dont know, ask the boss and he'll come and it it for you. theres other things too, but i just dont feel like im doing anything there.

im maybe about... 80-70% about my girl, and thats since before xmas. i thought i could work it out but had to let her know last month. its not getting better.

i dont see people verry often as money has been a problem in the first year of my apprenticeship. i dont comunicate with people anymore and i see "friends" every month or so? and no one makes the effort, so i dont keep in touch.

i keep running things through my mind. i care less and less about everything. and your right, it is overwhelming. im not even sure what i expect to gain from this. i know this isnt perceived as "normal" and ive made it this far, so i might as well keep going. i just feel like im waiting for a little push over the edge.