Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

weight/body image

Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
I keep worrying and thinking about my weight and my size etc and it's making me really panicky. I can't help counting calories and I really want to feel comfortable in my body but I keep getting periods of crippling fear about eating and putting on weight. The only time I can eat without worrying about it all is when I'm with the bf but that's only on the weekends so I feel like shite during the week when I'm at school 'cause I walk around feeling fat and disgusting. I do get hungry but I refuse to eat lunch.

I don't know if this is more me venting or looking for help, I'm unsure as to how anyone could help but guidance of some kind would be awesome.
Thank you x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Annaarr:wave:,

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling down about things at the moment, When you are feeling low about your body this can affect your whole self-esteem and is a very upsetting feeling*hug*.

It is always a good idea to try and eat a healthy diet but depriving your body of food and not eating is not good for you, your body needs food as fuel and without a substantial nutritional intake you may feel very negative effects such as lethagy and lack in concentration. It is best to try and eat 3 healthy meals a day, try to get in ideally 5 portions of fruit and veg a day but this can be quite a lot to fit in!! so maybe start off with 2 or 3 and then try to increase this !!, it is always an idea to try and keep quite active too!!, maybe suggest to your bf about going for walks at the weekends as we our now getting into the warmer months !!

You say that you are not sure whether you are venting or looking for help, we are always here at the site for both so please always feel that you can come to us when you need too !! We are always here to listen and advise.:):).

Please let us know how you are doing *hug*,

B:wave:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dieting

personally i found that eating more but less is a good way of losing wieght.

I love to snack,i cant live a day without snacking, but i found that instead of 3 meals a day, have a brakfast and dinner, but take snacks between (like every 3 hours, or work ur way to snacking less and less). small snacks like a chocolate biscuit, or a peice of fruit, also drinking more water stangely made me less hungry. maybe try this for a couple weeks if it doesnt work then try something else.
    I hope this helps
    Kathryn xxx