Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

PLEASE HELP. i have horrible scars i need to get rid off. QUICKLY :/

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the other night i self harmed. I felt really depressed so i ate loads. Not just alot, like an unhealthy amount of food. Once i ate i felt guilty for doing so and i hated myself. I cut the word 'FAT' into my forearm.

I've self harmed before and the scars are stilll faintly there, but i dont mind those and can deal with them. But this time its a word, and its different. My mum knows i've cut before, but she only recently found out and she still doesnt know why. I really dont want to tell her about this especially because she seems so disgusted with me about it already and i feel this would just push her off the edge. Some friends know about this time and they are worried.

Its still a cut and its scabbing over a bit. I need advice on how to help it heal quickly as i am going on holiday in about 5/6 weeks and i want them to fade a bit, but i want minimum scarring. I know picking scabs causes it to scar alot, i just dont want the word to be noticeably scarred to my arm.

Im only 14 so i couldnt really get any prescribed creams i dont think. Im just looking for ways at home to help it heal and keep hidden from my mum etc.

Please, Im begging for help. Im not cutting anymore but i just need this to heal QUICKLY with MINIMUM SCARS.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Querkygirl

Firstly, welcome to TheSite. Please stick around, i'm sure you'll find a lot of support and advice very useful from the other users.

Sorry things have been tough for you at the minute.

You say you spoke to your mum recently. It can be difficult for people to understand what your going through when they are first told. Have you looked at the section on TheSite regarding 'confiding in someone'. It will give you more information on how to deal with peoples reactions and the best way to confide in someone about what your experiencing. Check out the link below...

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm/confidinginsomeone

There is also a part over there regarding scaring and treatments that might be of some use to you aswell as you mentioned this is a concern. If you are worried about any wounds it may be best to speak to a doctor if you feel that is possible and you feel comfortable doing it. Here is that link too

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/wellbeing/bodyimageandselfesteem/scarsandtreatments

I dont want to bombard you with too much information but please do take a look at those links and let us know how you get on.

Like I said before, stick around. Were a friendly bunch and always here if you need some advice or comfort.

Hugs

B :-)
    thank you :)

but i just have no idea who i would tell. Me and my mum dont have the best relationship, but im going on holiday with her so it will become apparent to her eventually.

I would like to know now if i could go to the doctor on my own and he could give me those little white stitches?

i just feel like im better off hiding it until its faded like my others :/
    Taking vitamin C supplements helps heal cuts quicker. And bio oil (although it's a bit pricey) is good once they have healed to deal with scarring.
    thank you, that really helps alot thank you :)

its fading now, and i think i will just leave my mum out. I know that doesnt sound good but i think at this point in time its best. But i think once its faded enough i will just cover it with make up.

But that you, again just thank you :)