Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Expert Careers Chat: Thursday 23rd Feb, 7-8pm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello :wave:

This is an exciting one because we're lucky to have our very own chat mod Jenna and ex-mod and Site.org pal Kimbers in for an expert chat about careers. They'll be taking your questions for an hour on anything to do with careers :d

So maybe you're struggling to find a job, thinking about changing jobs or have no clue what career you think you want.. whatever the situation Kimbers and Jenna will be on hand to share their wisdom and help you out.
6891664801_81c834d5fd_o.jpg

A bit about our mods..

Jenna
Is currently a Careers Information Officer at King's College London, part of The Careers Group. Jenna has been working as a Careers Information Officer for the last 3 years. She started her life in careers at St Mary's University College in Twickenham and then moved to King's College London. She's responsible for chatting with students as they first enter the Careers library about what their issues surrounding careers may be, this could be a student looking for part time work, wanting to know what they can do with their degree, or someone looking for work experience or voluntary work. Her team create info for students surrounding different job sectors and the opportunities. The main aim is for students to feel more confident about entering the world of work and to know that the careers team within their university are their to support them.

And a few words from Kimbers...
After graduating in 2004 from a media degree I had no idea what I actually wanted to do for a career. Unfortunately I didn't seek any help or advice from my University Careers Service and spent the next 5 years wondering from job to job, city to city with no strong passion for anything - until I realised I really liked helping people. This idea blossomed....I did my research....trained to become a Careers Advisor (got qualified)....and hey presto - here I am! I make it sound easy - but it wasn't...there were lot's of bumps along the way...but now I spend my time helping others to make decisions about their careers and supporting them to get there.

As you can see our multi-talented mods are also careers experts so come along and take the opportunity to pick their brains in real time.

The chat room will open from 7-8pm on the night and general chat will follow afterwards. You'll be able to enter as usual from the chat page once we're open on the night: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

If you can't make it but have a question, feel free to PM it to me and I'll ask it on your behalf :)

:thumb:

Comments