Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can you have sex when on you're period?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys, I'm just wondering can you have sex when on you're period. I just reaseached it on the internet and some off the stuff was scary... So i thought i'd come on here where people know what there talking about? Thanks guys. :-)

Comments

• Options
    You can.
  • Options
    Yes you can but be aware it could get messy, so put something down something like a towel, or some people do it in the shower.

Also you can still get pregnant and catch STI's as well, no matter what the rumours say so protect against that
  • Options
    Thanks everyone... I need to stop reading stuff on the internet from random web pages.
  • Options
    Yes you do :) and its always best to ask if you're not sure about something
  • Options
    if you both want to, its perfectly safe. Some dont like it, some are fine with it
  • Options
    nope, impossible. During her period there is a rabid animal living in a woman's vagina that feasts off the blood... and the peniseseses of unfortunate men.
  • Options
    Hi there custard,

It can be hard to know what is ok sometimes, especially when some articles on the internet nowadays can be misinforming!

Have a look at a similar question on Askthesite about a boyfriend asking about having sex during the menstrual period;
    Whether or not to have sex with your partner when she is on her period is a matter of personal choice. Some people do feel having sex with someone who is on their period can be messy and this is the main reason some people don't do it

As Lexi99 mentioned it can get messy, but again it's personal choice and as long as your partner is ok with it too, then there is nothing wrong with it.

:)