Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Social and mood problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Post no longer available

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi xheartgirlx :wave:,

I am sorry that you are feeling low and anxious at the moment about going out into public. Have you chatted to your friends about how you are feeling ? , maybe they could help you with this. If you explain how anxious going outside makes you feel maybe they could help you by easing you into it gently, for example doing things in the house , watching dvds, pampering sessions, games evenings with just a few people around and then try to introduce you to going out and about depending on how comfortable you are feeling at the time.:) Social anxiety is very common and can be a very distressing time for people so it can take a little bit of time and work to overcome this but it sounds like you have got some good friends around you who want to include you in their social times and would want to be supportive. !

I hope that this has been helpful and please keep on posting and let us know how you are getting on.

Take care,
    B:wave:
    Thanks for the suggestions :)
    And yeah you're right, my friends are really supportive; my bestie Crun figured out I was upset and said, 'If you're too scared to look ahead, and it hurts to look behind. Just look beside you and I'll be there!' which really really made me feel better, tehe!
    :thumb:
    u rearly need to see ur GP ,,, Im 45 & i still hate goin out ...
    Hi xHeartgirlx:wave:,

How are you feeling today ? Its great to hear that your friends are being really supportive , the quote your friend Crun used was lovely and must of been really comforting to hear !! If you are feeling down at any point try to think back to that and how it made you feel better !

I hope this has helped and please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on,:thumb:.

Take Care,
    B:wave: