Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mis-Carriage

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do I cope after a mis-carriage? Any help? Please?

I got lodes of information and support helplines from the Doctor. I've tried 2 of them, they have been quiet helpful. I am still planning to go to start DBT soon, it's in March, until then, I'll keep seeing my counseller every week. I've taken advice and support of Facebook groups and also heard people's personal views and everything, but still...Well I guess I wanted to hear your views?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    im sorry to hear youre struggling. I had a miscarriage and found it really hard emotionally.

Time is the only healer x
  • Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Hey **Deeds**,

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage *hug*

It sounds as though you have already made some really great steps towards getting support by speaking to your Doctor, calling the helplines, speaking to others online as well as your counsellor and us, so give yourself credit for that. Have you spoken to any of your close family or friends about it? Is this something you feel you could do?

I don't know if you have seen this about Miscarriage:the emotions on TheSite? There are many emotions you maybe feeling and some people grieve more than others, but all of feelings are normal.

Is the Miscarriage Association one of the helplines you have spoken to? If not, it might be worth thinking about giving them a call 01924 200799

As SuzyCreamCheese says time is also a great healer, but having people around you supporting you through this time may help now too.

*hug*

LauraO