Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sean Penn

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends if he was asked about it, doesn't it. I suspect he probably was to deliberately manufacture a "scandal".

The real question, of course, is whether anyone gives a fuck what he thinks.
  • Options
    I certainly don't, and as long as the people who live on the Falkland islands consider themselves as British, there isn't too much that anyone can do.

I read somewhere that the Malvinas issue is pretty much the one thing that any Argentinian politician brings up when they want to deflect attention away from actually serious issues.
  • Options
    Well no, I guess you're right. The only people who give a toss are the Argentinians, and nobody cares what they think about the Falklands anyway. When I saw him talking it reminded me of Team America.....
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    When I saw him talking it reminded me of Team America.....

Ditto. That was my *first* thought. So much for cinema not having an impact, eh?

As for the question in the OP. He's just as entitled to an uninformed opinion as any one else. In the same vein, I am entitled to give zero fucks about what he thinks on any subject..
  • Options
    The Falklands has been under continual British rule since 1833.

California has been under US rule since 1848.

Does Sean Penn suggest giving California back to Mexico?
  • Options
    J@ke wrote: »
    The Falklands has been under continual British rule since 1833.

California has been under US rule since 1848.

Does Sean Penn suggest giving California back to Mexico?

No need, they're taking it back all by themselves.