Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Question from the Netherlands

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi
I am a student from the Netherlands and I'm doing research about the fame of Antoni van Leeuwenhoek and for this I need your help. I am wondering how famous he is. So I have a few (just 2 actually) questions for you:

1. Do you know who Antoni van Leeuwenhoek is?
2. Do you know where he is from?

Just reply, even if you don't know anything.
Thank you in advance. :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    zyennox wrote: »
    Hi
    I am a student from the Netherlands and I'm doing research about the fame of Antoni van Leeuwenhoek and for this I need your help. I am wondering how famous he is. So I have a few (just 2 actually) questions for you:

1. Do you know who Antoni van Leeuwenhoek is?
    2. Do you know where he is from?

Just reply, even if you don't know anything.
    Thank you in advance. :)

1. No
    2. No
    Now part of me wants to say he did work with early (the first?) microscopes (or pieces of glass he made like a telescope) and that he was the first person to see a cell down one. I believe (also using his name to help) he was probably from Holland. If that's not what he did, not a clue!

edit: just looked at Wikipedia. Three years of studying microbiology paid of. Oh yeah!
    Hey zyennox - it's best to get permission from a mod before you post surveys for research, I'll let it stay up though as it seems pretty harmless ;)

And hey.. my answers would be.

1. No
    2. No
    Yeah, roughly. I think he was from Holland, made early microscopes. was he a tradesman/merchant rather than a scientist?