Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I dont think i will ever get a girlfriend that will be with me for the rest of my life because i have had a 4 girlfriends and they have all dumped me. so now i just think i will never get a girlfriend that will be with me for the rest of my life.:(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Most people have a few partners before finding the one they spend the rest of their lives with. Don't worry about it.
  • LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Hey Luke198823 :wave: and welcome to TheSite,

As Lea said most people have a few different partners before finding 'the one' so don't worry that your previous relationships have not lasted. From each relationship we learn, and you probably know more about the type of person you want to be with and what you want from a long-term relationship now. These are all good life and relationship experiences, so don't feel down about the fact that these haven't worked out.

It might be best not to put too much emphasis and pressure on finding the person you want to be with for the rest of your life now, and look at dating people that you like, have fun together and see where it ends up.

Also, remember it's ok to be single. Sometimes it's good to take a break in between relationships to make sure you are happy :) and this also gives you the opportunity spend time with friends, do things you enjoy and hopefully you'll find someone you like without trying too hard :heart:

LauraO
    you don't say how old you are. Just because you haven't found the right woman yet, doesn't mean you won't. You've got to road test a couple of bangers before you get your ferarri.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    you don't say how old you are. Just because you haven't found the right woman yet, doesn't mean you won't. You've got to road test a couple of bangers before you get your ferarri.

Agreed. Many people I know had a few partners before they settled down and married someone.
    I am 23.
    You're still young, you've got plenty of time left to find someone. Just live your life and have a laugh, it'll happen when it's ready.
    They say people come into our lives for a season, for a reason, or for a lifetime. When it comes to relationships, I've known the first two lots of times.