Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Slightly worried bout this?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am slightly worried about this guy.... Anyway ive been talking to this guy on facebook who i met in a club for over a month now but he lives in north wales and i live in south.

After a month i plucked the courage to ask him out and he said he love to but due to factors couldnt right now... and we carried on talking for another hour and have had a couple of decent chats after. And hes still been keen to tm p

The past couple of times however i have noticed he talks to me but seems distracted like hell talk to me for a couple of *mins then goes quiet... i know he works from his computer and has a lot of work coming up but just worry something is wrong as we did get on really well.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if he works from his computer, then hes online for other reasons than to chat, so hes probably busy.

It might be an idea to ask him what are good times to chat, rather than message him randomly but feel hurt if he doesnt give you a long conversation
    if he works from his computer, then hes online for other reasons than to chat, so hes probably busy.

It might be an idea to ask him what are good times to chat, rather than message him randomly but feel hurt if he doesnt give you a long conversation

:yes: You will find that generally, most people are doing other stuff as well as talking online.

Well since u say it like that.... As he's online alot but flits on/off with fb I try not to
    get paranoid but when you're used to long chats..
    yeah i know, but tbh its not just people who work online too. If someone tries to have long chats with me online, i cant always be there for ages, as ive got other stuff to do. Doesnt mean i dont like someone, although someone trying to chat with me every time i logged on, would probably start to put me off someone, even if i did like them to begin with. Maybe thats just me though, but worth bearing in mind.
    jacobs_gal wrote: »
    Well since u say it like that.... As he's online alot but flits on/off with fb I try not to
    get paranoid but when you're used to long chats..

It's something you'll have to get used to. Used to have this - would talk to a friend for hours and then it sort of stopped and sometimes, I was lucky if I got to talk to him at all some weeks.
    Why are people still replying to this person?
    Melian wrote: »
    It's something you'll have to get used to. Used to have this - would talk to a friend for hours and then it sort of stopped and sometimes, I was lucky if I got to talk to him at all some weeks.

since you all put it like you have it doesnt seem so bad a couple of wks ago i talked to him and he said he had just bought a film and would i be online later i said yes and he said wed speak then and on his word as soon as he came back on he hi'd me and we chatted for half an hour yet the past two times its been a couple of replies and thats it
    You sound too clingy to me. I also think you're worrying about nothing. I know very few (me included) who, when talking to others, are generally doing other stuff.