Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

All benefits cancelled.

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hellfire wrote: »
    For his housing benefit, yes, it is, I rent of my in laws and I do not get anything and I doubt he declared this when applying for housing benefit. A parent should never charge a child rent if they know they'll be getting it paid by tax payers.

So it's not his fault, it's his dad's fault...
    Actually no, a one bedroom flat in Plymouth is as low as 340-360pcm and accept Housing benefit so he does actually choose to live in a property which is to expensive for him.

Also how does a family abandon you, but then rent a flat out to you?
    Oh SCC. Thanks for that, very enlightening,
    So effectively your dad is profiting from having thrown you out of home?
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Oh SCC. Thanks for that, very enlightening,

Not really a sad story about dire circumstances at all, but seems to be more of a case of someone deliberately shafting the system and the system finally getting wise to it.
    £40 a month also sounds like earth shatteringly low food costs - unless you're getting a significant number of your meals somewhere else.

Even as a single person, there was no way that whilst living at uni, I ever managed to spend less than £12 a week on food.

This whole situation doesn't seem right to me - how can you be estranged from your parents and live in your dad's house? I think they've made the right decision here - especially given the link posted by SCC.
    oh, no I ment it was enlightening as to what a a piece of scum this guy is...
    Very interesting SCC. It would explain why shikari got so pissed off when I suggested he go get professional advice.

He knows what that professional advice would be. He just wants to know how to scrounge around living off my hard work. In which case my experienced professional (and empathic) advice is: go get a fucking job.

It's people like that that mean I don't always think the Tories are doing bad.
    I'm ambivalent about this one.

On the one hand:

[video=dailymotion;xm3m1]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xm3m1_the-offspring-why-don-t-you-get-a-j_music[/video]

But then also to the rest of you:

high_horse.jpg
    I'm going to close this thread now before it turns into an attack on the OP. I appreciate people are frustrated after reading the other thread but probably best we close it up here. There's plenty of practical advice and info from the initial replies.

Shikari - your best bet around benefits is to speak to a professional advisor who knows all the ins and outs, as Artic Roll and Scary Monster suggested. This might be getting your local CAB to run a full benefits check or indeed persevering with Shelter to get the info that you need.

You can also submit a question in confidence via askTheSite and you'll be put in touch with experts :)
This discussion has been closed.