Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tips for sleeping?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since having anxiety back I started to wake up about 5/6am but had around 6hrs sleep which is ok but now if I fall off to sleep I tend to wake up around 3-4am and cannot get back to sleep. I don't eat heavy meals before bed or drink any coffee or anything like that and end up laying in bed with my eyes closed and my mind is active like it would be when you first wake up.

I do meditation to get me off to sleep but staying a sleep is becoming a problem!

Comments

• Options
    ive had this since being on ADs
  • Options
    It's weird because in the last 4 weeks I have been able to sleep, it's only now I am having problems so not 100% sure if it is the Sertraline.
  • Options
    Hi Makoto

Sorry to hear things are tough for you at the minute regarding sleeping.

Have you tried taking a look at the sleeping resource on TheSite?

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/wellbeing/sleeping

It has some good links and related articles for futher reading on tips and advice.

If you think it could be a side effect of your medication, it might be worthwhile speaking to your doctor.

Hope things get easier soon though, there's nothing worse than a bad nights sleep.

Phil :thumb:
  • Options
    do you find youre a lot more tired in the day from it, or is it liveable with?
  • Options
    Thanks Phil.

I do feel tired in the day but at the moment it's manageable. Hows your days with lack of sleep?
  • Options
    Are you going to bed / waking up at the same time? Going to bed only when tired?
  • Options
    My days aren't too bad Makoto. It's just a matter of balancing my workload with my university commitments. Time management and all that. I'm getting better at it though... :)
  • Options
    I Try to sleep at night only when I am tired and get up at roughly the same time.