Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How have I got this far???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all
I know that it seems that i don't really post a huge amount anymore but I do lurk and everything that I want to say in the threads that I do read is pretty much always said so I don't really wanna repeat other people as it tends to be pointless!

Anyway, a majority of you know that I'm not hugely secure in myself and theres a lot that I would change about myself. Tonight I managed to have an amazing time with a girl that I find very attractive! we can talk for ages and just have a nice time, she makes me feel so calm about myself which, even in friends is rare. We danced a bit together and kissed a couple of times and then I walked her back to her flat and kissed good night (admitly we were a tad drunk so I was more confident in myself than usual)! I honestly have no idea where I go from here, I never get to this point, EVER! So its pretty much all new to me, I have no clue what to do now, I know I really wanna see her again, just me and her but how I go about this...no clue
Any advice please :) Thanks :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Invite her to meet up in a cafe in town :) More casual than inviting her for lunch, and that way you'll be able to see how things go when you're sober.
    Text her something like "Hi, I'm going to town tomorrow and was wondering if you were free to meet up? Could go to [insert name of nice cafe]"
    Hope it all goes well :thumb:
  • *Holly**Holly* Deactivated Posts: 140 Helping Hand
    Hi curly_boy

How have things progressed since you started this thread? Have you managed to ask her out yet? If you're still drumming up the courage - this article on Asking someone out has a few tips you may find useful.

As for the title of this thread 'How have I got this far???' try and give yourself a bit more credit. :) An attractive girl chose to flirt, dance and kiss with you because you're a good guy. She wasn't blackmailed, drugged or had a gun held to her head. As well as trying to get things to progress with this girl, how about trying to work a bit on the relationship with yourself too? Confidence is far sexier than smartness, funniness or attractiveness. This piece on Building self esteem should give you a few more pointers.

Good luck :thumb: and let us know how it goes

Holly
    Go to her place, climb into her window, undress completely wait for her to enter room and find you.

I really must know if this actually works.
    Had a bit of a think and we've not known each other for too long so I'm gonna take it slowly and just chill out with her every now and again until we know each other a bit better! Though once I feel the time is right I will be using the advice...though maybe not yours strubs, unless I get very very drunk one night, if it happens you'll get your answer
    Great to read your post. I am happy for you. I like taking things slowly too, I think this is a good strategy. Good luck to you.
    curly_boy wrote: »
    Had a bit of a think and we've not known each other for too long so I'm gonna take it slowly and just chill out with her every now and again until we know each other a bit better! Though once I feel the time is right I will be using the advice...though maybe not yours strubs, unless I get very very drunk one night, if it happens you'll get your answer

What a coincidence. I was just about to send you this bottle of 80% rum for being my favorite curly head.

To be honest with you tho. If you are already on the slippery slanted slope towards the friend-zone I would not advise you to take it terribly slow. Especially if you have kissed her already, PICK UP THE PACE. You don't need to rush, but if you back off now a little bit, this will all become stale and awkward.