Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

LSD - Just looking for advice

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They'll be telling me next
    you can't put it in orange juice.

I think its probably unwise given the acidity of the juice, but I'm not certain.
  • Options
    No, they're extremely common and are infact predominant in the USA.

i do a lot of reading in research chem groups etc and from what ive seen this isnt true
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    i do a lot of reading in research chem groups etc and from what ive seen this isnt true

"[Editor’s Notes: As previously noted, submissions of “blotter acid” actually containing LSD are currently uncommon in the U.S. Most such submissions actually contain either a hallucinogenic tryptamine or phenethylamine. More recently, the hallucinogenic phenethylamines (one of the “2C” or the “DO” compounds) are becoming predominant.]"

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/mg0608/mg0608.html

Microgram seems to disagree. Where have you heard otherwise?
  • Options
    yahoo research chem group, mailin list thing read through the the odd time used to read daily, people coming across do* drugs was rare!
  • Options
    Cool Aid ......................
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Trends in the US do not always reflect trends here. You just have to look at Meth to realise that.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Microgram goes on lab tests from seizures.

I've personally never come across non-LSD blotters in the UK, but I've been out of touch with UK LSD for years. It wouldn't suprise me if it's the same situation here as in the USA though, it's easy and cheap to import DO* compounds from China where synthing some actual LSD can be complex and expensive.
  • Options
    Well I'm not in the US, so why does it matter? :D
  • Options
    nice readin that microgram thingy :D

dob crazy crazy stuff :shocking: youd know all about it if you took dob thinkin it was acid!!!
  • Options
    I have another question. I've seen videos of people on LSD, and they have an amazing time, then bam, they have a bad trip when the song changes, does that depend on the music style? Because it was hard-trance on most occasions. And, does the music style generally cause bad trips? I know the whole setting stuff, but if I'm at a party the music choice is rock/metal so there really isn't another option, since everyone I know just listens to that, so would that affect anything?

(Sorry, but I'm starting to think :p)

If I take LSD, is there anyway to tell that I took it a few days after, like sleeping? Or if I had a flashback? because if I do take it, and I'm at home and my mums there, I don't want to have a flashback right in front of her. She'll go on about me being an idiot for taking it etc.
  • Options
    If you're not familar with psychedelics a party is a pretty bad choice for a first experience. What causes a bad trip is entirely subjective and personal, any music can cause a bad trip if it means something to you. No-one can tell you what'll cause a bad trip for you. A single line in a song could turn your mind to thinking of any underlying issues you've been avoiding, past regrets, repressed memories. A 'bad thought' leads to another 'bad thought' and it will snowball out of control; it only takes one trigger.

But if you're relatively happy with yourself and your life then you should be able to take anything your mind throws at you in your stride. LSD just 'magnifies' emotions. Even then though, the experience itself can be overwhelming enough to cause a 'bad trip' if you don't know what to expect. Some people might think they've took too much and suddenly decide that they're going to die, it'll never end or they'll be stuck tripping forever. At the end of the day only the individual knows their own mind so there's no universal advice to avoid a bad trip other than the standard 'set and setting' of trying to minimize bad influences. The only other advice I can give is to not fight it and 'go with the flow', let the experience direct itself. That doesn't make much sense until you've experienced it yourself but once you do you should know what I'm talking about.

Some people should not be taking psychedelics (LSD or otherwise) at all anyway. I recently warned a friend of mine that her friend was a disaster waiting to happen; this girl used to act 'crazy' after too much alcohol. I think that's a good yardstick to hold yourself and others up to when deciding whether psychedelics are a good idea. If you start getting violent, angry, stupid, histrionic after too many drinks then LSD is going to make you far worse. What triggered the 'bad trip' in this girls case was that someone was sick and she was convinced that some of the vomit had got on her. To cut a long story short she stripped off completely to avoid the pecieved vomit on herself then ran through the streets naked at 3am eventually getting picked up by the police and taken to hospital. She never explained to anyone exactly what she was thinking when all this happened and refuses to talk about it to this day but it was pretty clear to me she had issues beforehand.

About sleeping, LSD can keep you awake. No matter how tired you are or what time it is you won't be sleeping for around 12 or more hours after it kicks in. Usually when it's fully faded out you'll be quite tired (more so than normal) and you'll need a good sleep to get back to normal. After you wake up no-one should be able to tell, you might feel a little rough or not feel like interacting much with people but nothing you wouldn't be able to write-off as a hangover.

By all accounts flashbacks are rare and loosely defined. I've never had one or know anyone who's had one so it's not something worth worrying about. From what I've been told something (an image, sound) etc. makes you recall an emotionally intense part of of a trip so vividly that you think you're reliving it briefly. Even if you did have a flashback a few days after (highly unlikely) it'd probably amount to no more than you staring into the middle distance like you were daydreaming for a few minutes.
  • Options
    Thanks for the detailed answer :)
  • Options
    Good post illuminatus.
  • Options
    lISTENING TO SOME OF THE PEOPLE ON HERE ...
    THE COOL AID ACID DAYS COULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED .......:(
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Sometime Rolly you do come out with some real crap.

LSD is a chemical like any other, diluting it even with distilled water isn’t going to make it stronger, just more dilute – unless of course you are convinced by water having a molecular memory.

Of course you can re-dose, if you take one dose an hour after the first it will work – however you are right about the following day.

And no it doesn’t go from the body “almost immediately” its about 4 hours, and we do know roughly how it works we just don’t know why it lasts as long as it does.

Liquid
    LSD is soluble in water and other solvents, though liquid LSD is usually water based. Liquid LSD is used in the creation of blotter tabs. A single drop of potent liquid LSD could be 50 times a normal dose, although it is generally diluted to the point where a single drop is equal to approximately one dose. This varies greatly from batch to batch, and is sometimes a weak dose while othertimes a very strong dose. Liquid LSD is uncommon. Be extremely careful when dealing with it as there is no way to guage it's potency. It is frequently stored in small dropper bottles, one precaution...when you reach the end of the bottle, don't rinse it out and assume that what remains is a small dose. There can still be many doses left along the inside surfaces and taking them all at once can lead to some unexpectedly strong and possibly very uncomfortable experiences.
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_dose.shtml
  • Options
    Yes, of course. But it sounded like you were suggesting that you could dilute liquid acid and get more, where as all you would get is just a more dilute solution.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Yes, of course. But it sounded like you were suggesting that you could dilute liquid acid and get more, where as all you would get is just a more dilute solution.

How you managed to make it sound like that is beyond me.
    You have stated in the past that you cannot dilute lsd and called me mad for saying you can but there you go.
    Theres another guy in this thread as well ...you can't put water with acid ...it'll destroy it ...you can put it in bleeding whiskey or orange juice as well but ....

I originaly came into this forum all those years ago cos i found the ignorance and even dangerous information on this site quite alarming .......
  • Options
    Just a misunderstanding then. As for adding water, I think what they were pointing out was because of the fragile nature of LSD it needs to be distilled water - or at least thats what I have heard, I've never been in the position of diluting a large amount of LSD.
  • Options
    on a film south west 9, a guy just leans onto some blotter lsd, it absobrs through his skin. i head thats what some did in the 60#s put it underneath there turbans
  • Options
    LSD Advice

The advice I would give to anyone wanting to do LSD is:
    Don't do it when you are sad, only happy;
    Do it with someone you trust and who has done it before;
    Do it with some goals in mind, like "does God really exist?" or "is there life after death?";
    Send me some.

Cheers.
  • Options
    Skinner wrote: »
    Do it with some goals in mind, like "does God really exist?" or "is there life after death?";

You may feel that you get the answers to these questions while on LSD or mushrooms, but whether that is 'the truth' or not is another matter altogether.
  • Options
    LSD Advice

Well to my mind I 'broke through' a number of times after taking LSD, once so far that I attained satori for about a month, after which I came back down because my untrained mind allowed the ego to resurface again.
    As Aldous Huxley once said, psychedelics are of most benefit to an intelligent person, so if you're not a person who ever thinks these kind of deep thoughts or who is not looking for answers as to the meaning of life, then you will most likely be drug user who is after something entirely different.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Never got into the spiritual side of LSD or Mushrooms, always seemed like bollocks to me.

I just like feeling good and having intresting experiences and a craic with my mates.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skinner wrote: »
    Well to my mind I 'broke through' a number of times after taking LSD, once so far that I attained satori for about a month, after which I came back down because my untrained mind allowed the ego to resurface again.
    As Aldous Huxley once said, psychedelics are of most benefit to an intelligent person, so if you're not a person who ever thinks these kind of deep thoughts or who is not looking for answers as to the meaning of life, then you will most likely be drug user who is after something entirely different.

Well with issues of this nature we are really trying to pin down the actual nature of reality, which is by its very nature impossible. We all believe what we experience, there can not be anything else.

If LSD and mushrooms have helped you understand your world and your version of reality more then great - but I do not think they are a tool for understanding 'the truth' because there isnt one version.
  • Options
    If you're not familar with psychedelics a party is a pretty bad choice for a first experience. What causes a bad trip is entirely subjective and personal, any music can cause a bad trip if it means something to you. No-one can tell you what'll cause a bad trip for you. A single line in a song could turn your mind to thinking of any underlying issues you've been avoiding, past regrets, repressed memories. A 'bad thought' leads to another 'bad thought' and it will snowball out of control; it only takes one trigger.

I agree. Taking LSD will lead to enhanced senses. You can just imagine how these enhanced senses can be overwhelming in a party. In addition, sensory overlaps also happen. This means you hear colors or you feel sounds. Again, not a good effect when you're in a party.
    About sleeping, LSD can keep you awake. No matter how tired you are or what time it is you won't be sleeping for around 12 or more hours after it kicks in. Usually when it's fully faded out you'll be quite tired (more so than normal) and you'll need a good sleep to get back to normal. After you wake up no-one should be able to tell, you might feel a little rough or not feel like interacting much with people but nothing you wouldn't be able to write-off as a hangover.

On the other hand, a bad trip can lead to you being tired.
    By all accounts flashbacks are rare and loosely defined. I've never had one or know anyone who's had one so it's not something worth worrying about. From what I've been told something (an image, sound) etc. makes you recall an emotionally intense part of of a trip so vividly that you think you're reliving it briefly. Even if you did have a flashback a few days after (highly unlikely) it'd probably amount to no more than you staring into the middle distance like you were daydreaming for a few minutes.

I've read that flashbacks can even go back to several years. Source: lsd facts

Sorry for the bump. There's a good conversation going on in here and being new, I didn't want to create another thread to continue the conversation.