Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Struggling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am really struggling with how I'm feeling and I don't feel like I've got anyone to talk to. All my friends (sorry peeps) seem to have bigger things going on in their lives and don't seem to understand the ins and outs of my situation.

My ESA medical was on Tuesday and I really don't know if I'm going to get put on JSA. I don't know how I'll cope I can't manage 2 not even full days at college a week let alone a full time job. I'm freaking out about it, even though there's nothing I can do about it until they make a decision. I'm constantly paranoid about being called a benefit cheat and being made out to be fine because I want to try and get better. I find myself going around in a vicious circle.

My new support worker seems to want to get rid of me before she's even written a care plan which pisses me off. I'm not doing anything I'd normally do in order to keep my mental health in a better state but she's only interested in helping me with tenancy related things and I'm not prepared for my landlord to know I have mental health issues because that could really fuck things up for us.

My housing situation still isn't sorted, but I can't just find somewhere else because no where will accept 2 people on housing benefit with no guarantor.

I'm in a lot of pain, I'm over committing myself and I hate letting people down (something's I can't go back on), I'm constantly tired/panicy/strung out, I just can't relax. day in/day out I am just finding it so hard to push myself on and not collapse in a heap and not get up.

I really don't know what I can do...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That all sounds very stressful for you.

I'm going through the ESA assessment process too and it is v stressful indeed. Good luck to you with that one. You know you can appeal their decision and get supporting letters and reports from those who work with you like your doctors, that might help.

I don't know what to suggest about your housing situation, it sounds so difficult for you.

*big hugs*

pm me anytime xx

PS if you are in London ever we can get a cup of tea
    I'm finding myself almost in physical pain due to having to hold all of how I feel inside because I've got no where I can be where I can just express it without any consequences - if I get upset around my mum she gets upset because I'm upset, and she's in a really bad place right now she's been in bed all day she's got no energy the ME seems to be in full swing.

I feel like I'm calling out to anyone for actual physical help and getting no where. I've contacted all of the community legal advice/environmental health about house situation and there's nothing more I can do...
    Hi MissRiot

Sorry your having a tough day today *hug*

I can understand how anxious you must be about waiting on the outcome of your assessment. Fingers crossed things go well for you. Please post and let us know.

I know looking through your old posts that you have previously been directed to Shelter about your housing situation. They may be able to offer more support regarding your situation and may even have list of social landlords that do accept people on housing benefit.

Really sorry things are tough for you today.

Phil *hug*
    Already been down that route and there is no such list unfortunatly!

Its hopefully getting sorted this week but I'm having to be on the landlord everyday...its exhausting!