Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Looong legs!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wonder if anyone could tell me where to buy things like trousers, skirts, tights etc for people with really long legs. I have a 36" leg and pretty much most stores on the high street either don't stock up to that long or have a very limited selection. Also since I'm a student stuff that's relatively cheap would be good. I've looked everywhere in my town but most of the stores have stopped doing a tall section so I'd have to order stuff online which is a pain since I can't try it on and it inevitably means I end up paying postage for the privilidge of having to send stuff back to be swapped for a different size. :S

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey, have you ever tried Long Tall Sally? Not the cheapest, but they seem to have a 50% sale on their website at the mo. Other than that - maybe ebay? Or clothes swapping websites like the big wardrobe can be good... :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cool, I've never used clothes swapping sites, how do they work?
    You have Gap in the UK, right? That is where I buy my jeans. Their tall line has a 37" inseam. I don't know what the prices are there, but I always find mine on the clearance rack for under 15 and they last forever and a day. I pretty much have been wearing the same 2 pairs every day for the last four years or so and they are still going strong!
    Yeah we do have a gap but I've been in there several times now and I don't think they do a tall section. It's really annoying cos I live in Dundee and the average height there is like 5'2" so most stores don't really stock longer items, or at least that's what the people in the Marks and Spencers told me. I guess it makes sense though. Maybe I could move somewhere where people are taller :P
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Cool, I've never used clothes swapping sites, how do they work?

So there's a website called What's Mine is Yours and another one called The Big Wardrobe - you can put clothes on there that are in good condition but you don't wear anymore and then people make offers - either money or clothes of their own. Someone might come on your profile and say "I really like that top, do you wanna look on my page and see if there's anything you wanna swap it for." and vice versa... Anyhow they came to mind as they have different sections and you might either find some gems or get some more tips on good shops :)
    Nice! :3