Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mobile App for thesite.org chat?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Hi guys, Any chance a Mobile App for thesite.org chat could be whipped up or thought off?

I love the chats but cannot always get to a PC, I can log in on my phone via browser but not talk.

One for Android and guess I phone, would rock :) It's the rage now adays ;)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey,
    Yes definitely something we've thought of and we're hoping to be a lot more experimental this year in terms of trying out different software without breaking the bank...we'll keep you posted. :)

How are you finding the boards app?
  • patrick*gringo*patrick*gringo* Posts: 147 Helping Hand
    Hi there Hellfire - it's a really interesting idea about getting TheSite.org chat to play nice on mobile. I've had exactly the same problem not being able to get on when only mobile access is an option.

As Helen says we're looking to try out new platforms for chat in 2012 :-) Issues we're hitting at the moment is that a lot of chat software uses flash and javascript in different amounts which don't always work out evenly across all the different mobile devices that are out there.

We're pulling together the list of requirements - so if there are any particular requests you have for functionality then let us know.

Speaking of mobile apps- will be posting in a couple of ticks...:thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh tapatalk is fantastic, I think I suggested it several months back but it went unheard I guess, I use tapa with a dozen other places, love it

New mob app would be great
    Yeh I think you were the first to suggest Tapatalk and Indrid Cold did as well as a mobile app for the Boards. It didn't go unheard. We just took a hell of a long time to act on it! It's great advice. In the meantime we've been able to upgrade vBulletin (back in April) and we wanted to sort out the mobile theme first. It's all taken longer than we would've wanted! In the mean time I think Tapatalk has been continually improved and developed. Let us know how you get on with Tapatalk and the boards.
    Using it now got this post. Actually looks quite good.
    Only problem I am having is on here my tapatalk signature doesn't show up :/
    I think the sig setting in Tapatalk is currently turned off - we could certainly flick that switch if you like.
    Using it now got this post. Actually looks quite good.

Thanks for the feedback - good to know
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Edit: wrong thread.