Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How do you go about checking out online dates

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was giving this guy the benefit of the doubt the whole way through the thread, until I got to this bit...
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    The main thing that gets me is that he said on a few occasions that he really liked me and then hassled me for pretty intimate photos - and I turned him down. But saying that we seemed to have a spark, we had so many similar interests and from how the conversation was going it seemed like it was headed somewhere. He was texting me almost every hour or so before 21st but since he's been very sporadic.

Don't google him. Just forget him.

I really believe that the majority of the time people get treated as well as they allow themselves to be. If you're making excuses for some shifty scumbag who just wants you to text him upskirt pics so he can get his rocks off, don't then be surprised when he turns out to be a prick (and/or married).

There are a lot of nice, decent people out there, but the online dating world harbours a lot of timewasters and cheats. Get mixed messages? Move on. Doesn't want what you want? Move on. Hassles you for nudie pics? MOVE ON.
    Yeah thats my thought too... :(
    Reading into that, I don't even have to tell you what my obviously cynical view point is. Time to move on, actually...
    I'm just a bit annoyed with myself for being so gullible.

I agree, time to move on :)
    People who are desperate for affection will swallow any story whole if the right words are used. It's a fact that everyone knows, most of all the sex pests on online dating websites.