Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I think i have anxiety

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello my name is jake and i have no idea how to say this but i think i have anxiety/social anxiety...
Where its the worst is sleeping i've tried sleeping with the soundmaker on or music tv, everything turned off. but i have constant sad thoughts and it prevents my from sleeping at night and its been going on for as long as i can remember. sometimes ill have a decent night sleep and sometimes ill go for like a week without regular sleep..

Also its gotten to the point where i cant even stand in public without feeling scared or nervous constantly looking over my shoulder and at everyone for no reason...i dont know what do to do to help this it's bein goin on for a long time.. and i really am getting sick of it but i cant help it.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you spoke to your GP?
    I don't have one
    Are you in the UK?
    No USA i noticed this forum was alot of UK hope it doesnt matter
    Whilst this is a primarily UK based website, we are a nice bunch in here and people dont mind helping anybody out. There might be a few people along here in a bit who have more of an idea of what you could do. I personally in this case am probably not the best person to ask about this particular subject.
    Thanks pal
    Could you go and see a family doctor Jaked? Anxiety sucks. How old are you? The only reason I ask is because its very common for teenagers to suffer from anxiety as their hormone levels mess about a lot - the 'moody teenager' metaphor is all about that. In which case, I think the majority of boys grow out of it and start to find their feet in their own time - so don't worry if you don't feel comfortable being the heart and soul of the party right now.

But if you feel like its seriously impacting your life and your ability to get on with life I would definitely recommend talking to a doctor if you can. There may be free services in the US or your state specifically for signposting on how to deal with anxiety as well... fingers crossed for you mate! Let us know how you get on.
    Hi Jaked1,

Welcome to The Site :wave:, I hope you find posting on here useful !

It sounds like you are going through a tough time at the moment and it is a very positive move that you have recognised this and are looking for some help around these issues.:)

As G-raffe and shyboy have both said it may be worth going to your G.P and explaining how you are feeling. I have added a link to some information on Anxiety for you to have a look at in your own time and I hope you find this helpful !.

It can be very frustrating not being able to sleep at night and will obviously have a knock on effect the next day when you are feeling tired :eek2:. Have you tried some different techniques before bed that may promote good sleep such as having a hot bath, drinking a hot milky drink, avoiding caffeine or tobacco(as these can cause a stimulant effect and keep you awake), listening to calm/relaxation music or reading a good book just to try and distract you away from things that could be playing on your mind ?. It may be worth giving some of these a go ! :)

I hope that things start to look up for you soon and Please keep posting here to let us know how you are doing ! We are always here to help and listen at The Site.:thumb:

Take Care.
    B.
    Do they have the equivalent of GPs in the USA?
    Yea, family doctors. It's not free though, depends on insurance.