Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Depression and self harm are hurting me and others around me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Most my friends dont understand. One of my friends even said if you do it again i wont be your friend. Others just have no idea on what to do or say.

My boyfriend is so supportive but inside he is dying. He is always there and has helped me alot. I dont know how to convince him that he has helped me alot and he cant do much more than he is doing.

My mum thinks that it is just a teenage thing, well thats what she has told me anyway. She doesnt know that i know that she is secretly looking for help for me to. My boyfriend thinks that she is worried about me but she doesnt want me to see it.

I dont know my dad and i never have. Its a complicated story but basically he ran away before i was born and i havent seen him ever in my life.

Thats the basics if i wrote everything i would be here for hours.

The reason i wrote this is because many people have said to me i need help and i dont know what to do. Please reply with any advice.

Comments

• Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Hi G.Mann,

I'm not sure how well I can advise, but I've found some things on the TheSite fact pages that might be of some use and may tide you over until someone else can advise you better :)

First off, sorry if you've already read all of these, but;
    Supporting someone who self-harms could be of use to those around you - you don't have to show them but you could talk through some of the ideas on there if you think it'd help
    Why do people self harm? ditto - might be useful!
    There are also lots of other help pages, so have a look around those!

I think it is likely your mum is worried about you if she knows, but perhaps you could talk to her and it might help relieve some of her worries if she thinks you want to communicate with her about what's going on? Especially if she doesn't understand why, she might be thinking it's something she's done?

There are also some other fact sheets that may be useful for you :)

Kate
  • Options
    Others will be able to chime in with places for you to go for support but i was just wondering about your mum. It does sound to me that she is worried about you and just wants to help. Do you talk to her about it, or does she try and talk to you or is it a touchy subject between the two of you?
  • Options
    Hi G.Mann :wave:

Firstly, welcome to TheSite :wave:

Sorry things have been tough for you lately.

Ill not bombard you with info but its well worth taking a look at the sections that plugitin posted above. The self harm section of the site has a lot of great resources so that would be a good place to start.

Have a look and tell us what you think.

Keep posting!! Sometimes just writing things down can be a great stress reliever.

Phil :thumb: