Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

In the beginning...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my memories are a bit sad, but the most memorable is feeling able to tell the full story of the craziness of my dad's death and getting so many kind responses from strangers and some weird sense of vindication that i was still entitled to mourn his death.

i still look back on that thread when i want a good cry and it really is like a big virtual hug reading the replies.

love thesite :heart:

Such a sweetie *hug*
    Quite a fair few are on my facebook, one's Godmother to sodbaby, and I know where a fair few others are.

God yeah, how did I forget thefairmelissa, JacqstheRipper, Sara-ra-ra?
    Whowhere wrote: »
    The troll hunting against the likes of Steelgate and Thanatos

Those two together is funny. Partly because I never really considered Thanatos or Greenhat as trolls. They'd happily debate but came from a different culture than the rest of us. Steelgate, on the other hand was just a pain in the arse.

FWIW I'm actually still in touch with Thanatos via email. Well, I say in touch but haven't spoken for a while - which is a good reminder!
    Arctic Roll - 1673.
    Slartibartfast - 1672
    Me - 1678

I think that must have been a good week for recruitment. :D
    'Skive wrote: »
    Arctic Roll - 1673.
    Slartibartfast - 1672
    Me - 1678

Doesn't get any better fo'sure :D
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    'Skive wrote: »
    Arctic Roll - 1673.
    Slartibartfast - 1672
    Me - 1678

I did see this account and thought it might well have been you but wasn't sure... An historic week in May.
    Had some very funny times meeting people offline (you all know who you are), especially the killer half-marathon (thanks, Franki)!

Generally I would echo everyone else's comments; knowing there's somewhere to come and vent and receive constructive comments (even if they're not always what you expect or want).
    Skive wrote: »

Posters I like to remember who are no longer here:
    Justin Sane, Bongbudda, Lacy, Vinyl Vicky, Turlough, Lipsy, Elisa Kate, Turtle, Ebb, Mindless, Spilffie, Martin Bashir, Fat_mike (best ever troll)
    +loads of others but I could on for long time

I miss budda, He really helped me out in some tough times!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Whoa! When I started reading this list I didn't expect to be in it...

Am I supposed to give a speech?
    It's funny how trivial the reason I joined seems now. How to talk to a girl in my class! I never actually asked that here for some reason though and I wasn't very active in the beginning, then I didn't visit at all for more than a year before remembering about this site. I don't post as much nowadays either but once in a while I make the time to read a few threads.
    I guess the most "epic" time for me here was around 2004-2006. That's when I began to know people.
    In a way, this was my window to the real world, keeping me aware of many aspects of life I'd have never known otherwise. So, for one more time, thanks. :)
    piccolo wrote: »
    Had some very funny times meeting people offline (you all know who you are), especially the killer half-marathon (thanks, Franki)!

Generally I would echo everyone else's comments; knowing there's somewhere to come and vent and receive constructive comments (even if they're not always what you expect or want).

I still remember the time I had to make sure you got onto the right bus after your adventures with sherlock holmes and the table pint.
    **helen** wrote: »
    I'll let Jade know about this thread - she's still busy here at TheSite towers and will be glad to know she's missed!

I never realised that Jade was Lady Jade :lol:
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I never realised that Jade was Lady Jade :lol:

Can you not tell with the hair? :P
    I've been to at least one meet including one time when me and kezia came to London but iv got a rubbish memory! can't remember who I met! I think piccolo...franki...but I do remember meeting briggi twice who was my fave :)
    I miss the days where me and Briggi would chew the fat over a pint of stella up north, she was a top lass :)

I saw her lurking around here a while back........was in Mexico or something?
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Ooh, I love threads like this.

It was through here I met my hubby, made some good, lasting friendships too.

faces I miss include karla, susie, beckyboo, 1983 and others that I could probably only identify through their av as I'm terrible with names.

Oh, and I used to like clairebear with her toaster.
    not even a mention eh. Noone mentions my birthday 2 years in a row, now this

*sulks*
    scc you're one of my favourite members on here :thumb:*suck up*

*sulks*

Lets create our own thread dedicated to the forgotten. :heartbeat: SCC

*sulks*

That's cos you iz still here innit. Besides, you come under the title of FB friends I mentioned.

*sulks*

Awww but everyone loves you, its like a law or rule of thesite isn't it?

<3<3<3 <3<3<3 <3<3<3 <3<3<3
    FB friends

Your missus let's you have Fuck buddies :/ Damn dude, your one lucky Son of a......
    ok youre all forgiven :heart:
    *hug* for suze
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    To the j to the s to t...

I've met a few people on here, and am only about now and again, it used to be a huge part of me!

London was my fave time! Had a ball, literally!
    Yeah i've had lots of funny times on here and 'met' alot of cool people on here; some i'm still in contact with in the real world.

Its a great place, with a sound bunch of people using it. I'm hardly on here these days but I still have this place on my favourite bookmarks and pop in every now and then :)
    I originally joined just before Jaloux, over 11 years ago...
    when i first started using thesite everyone was slagging off braintree and buying each other imaginary drinks on a saturday night.

ah nostalgia :p
    I still slag of Braintree, even though I was just there, lol.
    When I joined I think I was 13 or 14. I'm 24 now :/. That's weird to think.

I was asking 'how to get a girlfriend', mainly because I was cripplingly shy at school and couldn't talk to girls - I could barely talk to anyone in truth. I've met a lot of different characters here over the years, received advise, criticism, and given it out too. I've had a handful of crushes on girls on here too... and a couple of people I've fallen out with... they all know who there are I'm sure though.

As time's gone by I've found myself hanging out here less, just because more is going on in the rest of my life now - but whenever I come back to get something off my chest or to get some *hugs* the same old crowd come out of the wood-works to offer support / advice.

There's been lots of good times though, and I don't think it's stretching the truth to say this community has probably had a decent knock on the way I've grown up and turned out. I think one of the nicer things I remember personally is (not long after I joined) I started talking to a girl on here who found me cute and funny, in a weird way. Nothing ever happened obviously, but I think that was probably the first time in my life I got that feeling in your chest when you think someone fancies you a little bit. That's a nice memory. I also remember the time people mentioned me in a thread, saying that they thought I'd grown up a lot and matured - that's a great memory too.

Unfortunately delving too deeply into my post history these days makes me cringe more than it does laugh, but it's good to know where we all came from. :)