Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

L'Oreal Excellence Creme (hair colour)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone used this?

I normally have my mid-brown hair highlighted with a mid-blonde shade at my hairdressers. My roots are long (like four inches!) but as it's highlights it doesn't look too bad. I'm trying to decide if I want to have the blonde highlights put back in or have an all over colour is a red-brown shade (have gone that colour before).

My friend uses L'Oreal Excellence Creme in Copper Mahogany which looks really nice, so I'm keen to use that, but I'm just worried about it turning what's left of my blonde bits pink! Any advice anyone?

Comments

• Options
    L'OREAL; BECAUSE YOUR WORTH IT ! :yes:
  • Options
    L'OREAL KIDS; BECAUSE WE'RE WORTH IT TOO :yes:
  • Options
    Shut up.

I refferred you to the Good Manners Guide about a week ago, clearly you're in need of another read: Good Manners Guide
  • Options
    I think the blonde will be OK because if you look on the excellence creme box it usually says that it is suitable for pre-lightened hair. It might be SLIGHTLY warmer on the blonde bits but I don't think it'll be noticeable and you should be fine to use it.

Chose a colour that's a shade lighter than what you want though because brown home dyes can go quite dark.
  • Options
    Just in case anyone searches for this in the future, I'll conclude it..

I coloured my hair on Friday night - looks great! The blonde bits didn't go pink, just slightly redder. Used "Deep Copper Mahogany", turned out just slightly browner than Kat in Eastenders :)
  • Options
    This used to be my favourite brand of chemical hair dye (when I used to dye my hair). I loved it! I always used the pale blonde shades and always got great grey coverage and non-brassy colour. Highly recommend this brand if you're going to use chemicals
  • Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Hey citytreats,
    This thread is really old now - it's from 2005, and as you can see Crystal Tipps got the advice needed at the time :) Therefore, I am going to close this thread now. If you want to start a new thread about this or something similar please do.
    Thanks,
    LauraO
This discussion has been closed.