Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Support in team

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Currently I'm confident at work and feel supported within the team. Over the years I've met team members who are problem sort. I believe working with wrong people can ruin esteem and increase absenteeism amongst members of staff

Comments

• Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Hey KiwiFruit,

It's great to hear you are enjoying working with the team you are in at the moment :yippe: I remember you posted a while ago about looking for a new career and thinking of getting some retail experience. Did you take the plunge and get a new job? Or are you still in the old job but enjoying it more now?

The people you work with within a team can make a big difference to your work life and as you said it can affect your confidence and self-esteem too which are both really important!

Glad things are going well for you :)
    LauraO
  • Options
    Thanks- I've decided to stay in my current job and won't get as much money going into retail. Stress makes one think of looking elsewhere. The HOD has just left and a new member of the team has improved things and over last couple of months I come to really appreciate teamwork
  • Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    KiwiFruit wrote: »
    a new member of the team has improved things and over last couple of months I come to really appreciate teamwork

:thumb: that's great. Seems like it's been worthwhile sticking it out there for the time being then!
  • Options
    Yes, people at work experience emotions of the day and having the right personalities in a team ensures a stable frame of mind
  • Options
    I work shifts on a rotation basis, and my pattern is 6 week vs most others on 4 or 5 week cycles so get to see a range of different characters. The difference in the atmosphere you get from just a couple of people changing over is remarkable.