Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Insect bites/scratches/minor wounds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My arms and legs are a bit of a mess at the moment. A little while ago we had a small flea outbreak which was quickly fixed but they took a liking to me and i had alot of bites on my lower legs and arms which i then scratched to buggery. I also just seem to scratch myself all the time (accidentally) and have various other small marks/dry skin whatever.

Apart from moisturising which i do do, is there any way of getting rid of these marks/old bites so i dont end up scarred for weeks or will they eventually go away on their own?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It may take a while, but the bite marks should eventually go. I don't know if there is any thing you can do to get rid of them faster, just keep moisturising.
    I've got scars all over my legs and arms from my cat's fleas over the summer, and they haven't even started going yet, despite moisturiser every day and so on. Sorry :(
    Ah thats what ive got grace, i guess it doesnt help that its winter and i cant sit outside in the sun
    zinc and vitamin c - they will help repair the skin (but obviously check with your GP first)
    I used the flexitol version of bio oil and I found it worked miracles with the keratosis pilaris on my upper arms, so that might work!
    I had scars and bites all over my legs from when I did camp America because the mosquitoes absolutely loved me. even though I think they would have faded eventually in time bio oil definitely worked for me, I noticed a difference after two weeks. x