Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Visiting someone in rehab

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Mods- please move to the correct place, wasn't quite sure where to put this!

A very close friend of mine is in rehab, and I was wondering if anyone knows the laws around visiting? He really wants me to go and see him with some of our other friends on sunday, and I really want to go and see him too. He's dying, he has cancer, and getting off alcohol and drugs is his last hope so he can get treatment for the cancer. I was the reason he went to rehab in the first place so really want to be there to support him :( But since I'm under 16 would I be allowed to visit?
I've emailed them but they haven't got back to me. I was thinking of saying he's my dad if they don't allow friends under 16 (he'd go along with that, he has been like a dad to me for years anyway) but would they want to see evidence of this etc?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not really sure - I wouldn't go with the dad story though, as it might be weird that it hadn't been mentioned beforehand so less likely to believe you? Good luck though. Also might be worth seeing if they have some sort of visitor policy on the website, or maybe at the place that he could look at.
    He might have mentioned it, he sees me as a daughter so I'm not sure if he'd have spoken about it or not. I've looked on the website and there isn't anything, but I emailed them.. and I'm thinking since I'll be going with adults any way it should be alright. Hopefully!
    I went to visit someone in rehab when I was 13 and it wasn't a problem.
    Thanks Randomgirl, that's good to know. I think I'll phone them later if they don't reply to my email
    I hope you get it sorted - good luck.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Big Gay wrote: »
    I hope you get it sorted - good luck.

Yep deffo.
    Thanks guys, just phoned up and they said I can visit as long as I'm with an adult :)