Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What do you think?...

louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
Ok hey my name is louisa.
I am fat and started a diet a few days ago. Yesterday i didn't eat many calories and did 2 hours excersise, which i was really proud of. But people kept saying its not enough even though it did fill me up. I need to loose wieght and this way has worked for lots of my friends and they never got hastle so i dont know what to do. I really wanna carrying on with this because i need to be thinner ....help?:shocking:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there Louisa,

Welcome to the boards :wave:

I have edited your post slightly because we ask people not to mention specific amounts of calories or weight as it can affect other people who might be struggling with their eating.

You might find it helpful to have a look at our article on permanent weight loss - this goes into some detail about how to adopt an eating plan that you can keep up over a long period. It's part of our fitness and diet section which contains lots of useful info! The trouble with a diet which really restricts your calories and relies on an unsustainable amount of exercise is that you won't be able to keep it up, and you might well put the weight back on again when you start eating more. One of the best ways to lose weight is to make permanent healthy changes to your eating habits and combine that with an amount of exercise that you can fit into your life on a regular basis.

And of course, everyone is different, so it probably isn't a good idea to compare yourself to your friends. Talking to your doctor can be really useful, as they can give you an idea of how many calories you should be consuming per day based on your current weight and the amount you want to lose.

Hope this helps a bit - let us know how you're doing!
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi,
    I think you need to look at dieting and exercise as a lifestyle, not a crash diet. What you should focus on is learning a new way to live that is healthy and helps you be your best. A good plan of exercise and a healthy diet is going to be better in the long term. That may take a bit longer but down the road is the way to maintain and find the right path.
  • Options
    louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    I had less today :D