Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

just told someone about my self harm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i was walking home with one my friends/someone i live with, after being at a club drinking all night, and we were discussing a bunch of different things and i just kind of blurted out a very basic "this is something i haven't even told Amelia(my best/only friend) before, so basically don't tell any one else please, its gotten to the point where i kinda need to talk to someone about it, ive been self harming for a number of years now," she asked to see so i pulled down my tights and showed her my thighs thus she saw some of my healing wounds, and she asked why i did the things i did and i couldn't really answer because i dont really know myself, we got to the front door and i reiterated the whole please dont tell anyone else ting and came upstairs to have a mini cry and type this out, all the time i was out this evening i kept thinking about how much i just want to go to the bathroom and cut myself but i changed my handbag last minute before coming out so i diddnt have any sharp object's in my hand bag to hurt my self with, which is good i guess, in a way i dont want to keep hurting myself i just cant bring my self to stop sometimes, the only thing stopping me from cutting right now is writing this down right now, Xx

Comments

• Options
    also i've eaten some home made chips and i havent made my self sick yet, i dont even feel like makeing myself throw up tonight/this morning, and i feel good about that, in saying that though ive re opened all the cuts on my arms and thighs but i havent made myself sick yet, and im determend to not throw up tonight/this morning, Xx
  • Options
    Hi Keevie

How are things for you now. There is reason to feel positive tonight regarding making yourself sick.

It is also good that you felt able to confide in someone, sometimes being instinctive with tdifficult situations can be best. Use your instincts as your guide to how far you go with what you say to people and only disclose to a level you feel comfortable with.

You said that writing these posts have proven to be a good distraction for you. I know Philip linked to the Self Harm section here on the site, did you have a look at the coping tips and distractions section over there? I'll provide the link below for you to have a look at.

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm/copingtipsanddistractions

Please do keep posting here on the site and let us know how you get on.

Bex :heart: