Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lumps Under Arms ..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have found several lumps under both my arms. One of my armpits is really sore because of it. I hope it has just been caused by me shaving my under arms, although I am already thinking of the worst.
I do have a plan to go to the doctors to get it checked out, but how likely is it to be something like cancer? And when I do go to the doctors about it, what do they do?
I will avoid the doctors at all cost if I can as I'm petrified, I want to know what sort of thing they will do when I go to get my under arms checked so I can expect it.
Cheers in advance for those who answer my questions.

Comments

• Options
    This is one of those things that whilst most likely harmless, if it isn't the longer you leave it the less chance you have of making a recovery.
  • Options
    Hi brokenpiece:wave:,

Im sure that the lumps under your arms will be nothing to worry about, but just to put your mind at rest I would go to your G.P just to get things checked out.

Im sure the G.P will realise that you feel nervous about the visit to them and you could always ask for a female doctor(if you have a male doctor usually!) if you would feel more comfortable with this, it might also be an idea for you to take a close friend or family member with you for the support.

Keep posting and let us know how you are getting on ! :wave:

Take care,
    B:thumb:
  • Options
    I had that and it turned out to be an infection from shaving.

Could be any number of things, best head to the GP.
  • Options
    They could be from shaving, they could be due to your body fighting off an infection (raised glands), insect bites, sweat bumps.

I'd go to the GP but I wouldn't worry too much, I get them on and off a lot, and its just my glands doing their thing.