Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i think i have disturbing intrusive thoughts and i dont know why and feel horrible.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
for those of you who have talked with me before , my issues tended to be with confidence,and meeting friends and women, well the good thing is im more confident since im going to church and doing really well in my classes, but one problem recently ive been having is distrubing intrusive thoughts and i had them in some situations and trust me I DO NOT FEEL ANY OF THESE HORRIBLE THINGS. one disturbing thought i had was harming my do, whom I LOVE SO MUCH AND WOULD NEVER DO SUCH A HORRIBLE UNSPEAKABLE ACT AND IT MAKES MY STOMACH SICK AS I TALK ABOUT IT, IT WOULD NEVER OCCUR TO ME TO HURT MY FAVORITE LIVING CREATURE WHOM IS A BROTHER TO ME, BUT FOR SOME REASON I HAD THIS INTRUSIVE THOUGHT WHICH HORRIFIED ME, secondly when i saw a black guy with white woman together, i got this HORRIBLE INTRUSIVE THOUGHT ABOUT SAYING SOMETHING RACIST, AND I WOULD NEVER DO THAT MYSELF SINCE IM VERY PRO INTERRACIAL MARRIGE AND FOR FULL EQUALITY, YET WHY DID I GET THESE FEELINGS, plus since im going to church im worried that for having these unspeakable thougts that i am a bad person and going to hell EVEN THOUGH I WOULD NEVER DO SUCH A THING, i just feel so sick having these thoughts, will this pass should i tell my therapist?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    will this pass should i tell my therapist?

yes and yes.

your therapist should be able to give you some strategies for coping with the thoughts.

remember that thinking something isn't the same as doing it. if the thoughts are very invasive and you can't ignore them, try writing the thought down and making a list of all the reasons why you don't want to act on it. if you feel very scared that you are going to act on a dangerous thought then try to tell someone you trust and stay with them (or talking to them) until the thought goes away.