Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Minor things that bother you...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
People who walk at a snails pace in a line, blocking the whole pavement.

People who don't seem to grasp the inner workings of a roundabout.

My workplace/colleagues.

Women with prams using them as a battering ram through crowds.

Poor spelling and grammar. Our language is probably the most robust, comprehensive and functional in the world. Why do people insist on butchering it?

Feel free to add your own little things that bother you a lot more than they probably should.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Completely missed the 316 page thread below. Oh well!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Cashiers who put coins on top of notes when giving me change. This fucks me off.
    Middle lane morons.

People who brake before indicating. In fact I 50% of things that bother me in this world probably relate to driving.
    Weekender Offender 
    Cashiers who put coins on top of notes when giving me change. This also fucks me off. a thousand times over!!! - HOW AM I GOING TO PUT THE NOTE IN MY WALLET WHEN YOU PUT COINS ON IT!!?!

People who put 'your' instead of 'you're' and even worse the ones who put you're instead of your, also people who spell dual, duel.
    Tied into that, my manager at work and her illiteracy in emails because every time I read her emails I pick out at least 3 grammar or spelling mistakes.

People with no self awareness and will stand in a narrow and cramped shop and just walk backwards without looking and walk into people - also the people that DO walk backwards into you then give you a nasty look when you walk around them like they are an obstacle in the road of life.

People in my job who ask questions, ignore the answer, ask the question again more furiously, then get annoyed when I say things like "Well 3 minutes ago I said it will be sorted in five minutes, so 2 minutes." because I am being rude, like them ignoring what I said in the first place is not rude.
    People standing too close to me in queues.

Machismo.

People who need to be right all the time.
    People who hand me their costa points card AFTER ive put their order through the till. I know they dont know and yes, we can put the points on your card afterwards but it makes my life ten times easier if you give it to me before the money instead of waiting til after and going 'oh, ive got a points card here, can you had my 5 measly points onto it?' How about no.

People who wander aimlessly around a busy street and/or take a sudden turn off to left or right when im trying to get past

Parents who let their toddlers walk around like its a playground in a busy street and then get in the way. Doing that is fine just not when there's hundreds of people around