Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

askTheSite LIVE! Expert relationships chat, Thurs 24th November 7-8pm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello :wave:

On Thursday 24th November from 7-8pm we'll be trying out something a bit different for a live expert chat about relationships. We'll be joined by relationships expert Matt Whyman and he'll be answering your questions 'on air' rather than in the chat room as normal.

If you've got a relationship dilemma or issue you'd like advice on then you can send in your question and listen to Matt respond to you through Livestream on TheSite.org's facebook page. Matt will be with us here at TheSite.org Towers for the whole hour and it will work a bit like a radio show except you'll be asking your questions online and listening to the answers.

**helen** and I will be on air with Matt putting your questions to him as they come through.

Getting involved on the night
Make sure you're sitting comfortably and open up TheSite's facebook page. Click on askTheSite Live, press play and start listening. No need to log in to facebook :thumb:

Unfortunately Livestream does have adverts now and then but you should be able to just close them when they pop up or start playing. You don't need to log in to facebook to hear the Livestream - we'll add a direct link to the page in this thread on the night.

6376346677_4f61f4a451.jpg

How do I submit my question to Matt?
First off - do you want to be anonymous?

If YES - Open another tab or window and log in to TheSite.org chat room - one of us will be in there moderating and holding your questions in a queue. You don't need to register to use TheSite chat room, just enter a name and press log in.

If NO - Click on 'Check in & Chat' on the facebook page and submit your question there as a comment - keep in mind that this means you're logged in with your personal facebook account and it may come up as activity on your page for your friends to see!

What can I ask?
Maybe you're struggling with a break up or you're worried about taking your relationship to the next level or maybe you want to know how to ask someone out? Whatever your concerns Matt will be able to help :) Try and include plenty of info about your situation as there won't be much chance for back and forth - things like your age, gender, how long you've been with your boyfriend or girlfriend if it's relevant ? that kind of thing.

I'm busy on Thursday night but I have a question for Matt
If you'd like to submit a question for Matt but can't make it along to the chat then don't worry. Either reply to this thread with your question or PM it to me and I will ask it on your behalf. The audio from the chat will be available the following week on TheSite.org

A bit more about Matt

6376376739_12d81212c2_m.jpg

In 1995, Matt became the first agony uncle for 19 magazine and has written regular advice columns for B, Fox Kids, AOL UK and Bliss. He often appears on television and radio in this role. Over the years he has co-presented a series of ITV's regional cult Saturday morning show, Love Bites, and a live weekly phone-in on LBC.
Matt has written many national health awareness campaigns for clients including BBC Radio One, Brook Advisory, NSPCC, Macmillan and the Health Education Authority, as well as articles and features for national newspapers and magazines. Currently he is a relationship advisor for askTheSite, official spokesperson for TheSite.org and a monthly contributor to Marie Claire.

Look forward to seeing you in the chat room and be prepared to laugh at mine and Helen's radio presenting skills ;)

Comments

• Options
    Does being on facebook mean that you have to use your real full name? Like do you have to log-in?
  • Options
    Hey Rg,

You don't have to log in to facebook to listen to the Livestream - if you interact with the page by commenting then it will ask you to log in and then yes, you'd be using your personal facebook account. But to just listen, no need to log in :)

That's why the chat room will be open too for all those who'd rather remain anonymous. We'll be monitoring both and passing questions on to Matt.

That make sense?
  • Options
    Oooh, will you be doing shout outs? Hehe :p
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Jo7 wrote: »
    We'll be monitoring both and passing questions on to Matt.

And just to clarify, if we pass on a question to matt from the private chat room, not even your username will be mentioned live on air.
  • Options
    This is happening tonight folks - listen live on TheSite's facebook page (no need to be logged in to facebook).

If you want to ask Matt a question then either...

Come in to TheSite chat room which means you will remain anonymous - type your question and I'll hold it in the queue

Or, if you're happy to get involved on facebook then log in and comment on the page

We'll be monitoring both and relaying your questions to Matt as they come in :thumb:
  • Options
    Oooh, will you be doing shout outs? Hehe :p

If you ask nicely ;)
  • Options
    We're open now guys if you want to come in - the livestream starts at 7pm :)
  • Options
    Matt, Jo and Helen are chatting live now! come along and listen on facebook :)