Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Microgynon

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I started taking Mycrogynon but got some side affects I didn't like so I stopped taking them about two weeks ago.
I finished my period, then about 3 days later I started bleeding again but not heavy like my normal period.
I think it takes 7 days to get into your system, I took the pills for 8 days. I think it was the 7th day I had unprotected sex.
There isn't a chance I could be pregnant is there? I took 7 pills before the unprotected sex, so I would have been protected against pregnancy right? Also, can you actually bleed if you are pregnant? I'm probably not, just a bit worried and too shy to actually talk to someone about this.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Some people have implantation bleeding, but most don't have any bleeding whilst pregnant unless there are complications.

Its unlikely that you're pregnant, but I'd take a test to be sure.

Although microgynon stops protecting against pregnancy after 7 days, it can take over a month (a cycle or 2) for your cycle to get back to normal.

Why not go talk to a sexual health nurse? they're often very understanding, and almost every college and school has one visit often.
    I'm no good talking face to face about things like that so I'm not going to the nurse.
    Okay, Thanks for that. Stopped me worrying as much about that.
    the FPA has an online service as well if that helps. Link
    Hi butterfly123,

Microgynon is a combined pill so have a look at the article we have about those.

Miss_Riot's link to FPA is also useful, and if you feel embarrassed talking to the nurse at your GP you can always visit Brook advisory center - they deal with questions like this all the time, so there is no need to worry - they will also talk to you about any worries you have and help you take a free pregnancy test.

Is there an adult you can confide in that can help?

Feel free to keep posting and let us know how you get on :)
    Thanks for that.
    No, there isn't an adult I can confide in.
    Hi butterfly123,

It can be hard sometimes to find a adult you can speak to, so it's good you have people to talk to here supporting you, so feel free to keep sharing anything you feel the need to :)

Are you still bleeding? Have you been able to visit Brook advisory center? If not, they also have a confidential email service that you can use called askBrook and they're the experts in all things sexual health: https://www.askbrook.org.uk/

Let us know how you get on *hug*
    Not bleeding anymore. I'm going to do a pregnancy test in about a week just to be sure.
    No I haven't. Thanks.