Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Not coping

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can't do this alone so I thought posting on here is a good idea.
I'm not coping. The nurse and support worker stopped working with me. It was hard to lose that support but I was alright because I had my counsellor. But then she stopped working with me a few weeks ago now.
It's so hard without her. I rung her when I needed help, or when I was having a down day and she always got me through. I relied on her alot and now she's gone. It's too hard.
I've got no support now. There are people at college I can talk to but I want my counsellor back.
I'm down everyday, I'm staying off college a lot, I'm not eating. I don't even have my best friend here and I haven't spoken to her in ages either. I have no other friends. I'm not sure what to do now. I really don't think I can do this.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    your the only person that can make things okay :) keep your chin up and remember you and only you alone can strive on your capabilities and achievements.

make yourself daily goals and to do lists and keep busy.

yourll be fine.

I promise x
    I'm so sorry to hesr this babe, I just wanna make everything oksy for you.

why aren;t they working with you anymore?

((((((((((hugs for butterfly)))))))))))
  • LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Hi Butterfly123,

Firstly it sounds as though you need a big *hug*

I can see you wrote this post a couple of days ago, how are you feeling now?

Sorry to hear that the support you found helpful is no longer available. Is there a reason for this? It sounds as though you had a good relationship with your counsellor and really benefited from speaking to her, is there a chance you can explain this and start speaking to her again? You might also want to consider going to your GP to talk about how you are feeling. The support you were receiving sounded great, so it important to find out why this is being discontinued and whether you can see another counsellor or whether there is other support available.

Because this support has gone it sounds as though things are really getting on top of you and this is affecting your attendance at college as well as your appetite. Firstly, could you give your best friend a call? it sounds as though she will be really helpful, and you know you can talk to her. As a good friend I am sure she won't mind that you haven't spoken for a while and will want to help and support you.

It's also really important that you do look after yourself now. Do you have something that you know will make you feel a bit better? Like certain music or a sport, or a TV programme? Or make your favourite food?

Do you feel like you could go back to college or have you been off all week? It may seem difficult to face people at the moment, but it sounds as though you do have people there who care for you, and it maybe a good distraction.

Remember there is chat tonight 8-10pm, so do go along and chat to other people if you fancy it and take care of yourself.

*hug*
    LauraO
    I'm not very good today.
    Everyone stopped working with me because I'm too old apparently. Because I reached the age of 18. I'm not allowed any contact with any of them.
    I don't really want other support. It took a long time to get a relationship like that with my counsellor and I can't be bothered doing all of that again, and going through everything again.
    I'm going to write my best friend a letter now, I doubt I'll send it but I guess it's worth a try.
    No, nothing really helps make me feel better. I think trying to keep busy is good but I really don't have the energy to do anything.
    I did try and go into college yesterday but I left about an hour into the day, and I've not bothered going in today. I only have one friend there. It's difficult as well because everyone in my class are really loud and they talk to each other, but nobody knows about my aspergers so this girl does get really bitchy and shouts at me for not bothering to get involved.
    Thanks for your reply.
  • LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Hey again Butterfly123,

How are you feeling today? Did you try to go into college today?

Writing a letter to your best friend sounds like a really great idea, even if you don't send it it can be really helpful to write about your feelings.

There should be support available for you in your local area even now you are over 18. However, it sounds as though you do not want to speak to your doctor about this? Have you thought instead about seeing whether there is a counseling service at your college?

You might also like to think about speaking to someone on the phone about how you are feeling? You could call Samaritans (08457 90 90 90) or supportline if you fancy a chat, and remember our live chat will be open again tonight so do drop in if you fancy some company.

LauraO
    Hiya
    I'm not feeling good. I didn't go into college today, probably no point going in tomorrow either.
    I tried to write the letter, started it but I don't really know how to word it. I'll try again at some point though.
    No, I don't want to speak to my doctor about it. I don't want other support, well I think I do because I can't cope on my own but I can't be bothered going through it all again and trying to build up new relationships.
    I don't like phoning people, makes me really nervous and I never know how to start off the conversation.