Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Has anyone traveled the jungles of Africa / African Safari?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone traveled the jungles of Africa / African Safari? I never done such adventurous tour ever? Anyone, pls share.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I haven't been there but I heard that it is a very nice place to visit having very friendly people. The South Africa has so many adventurous things to do. You can choose guide books like lonely planet or the rough guide, and have good time exploring.
    :thumb:
  • Options
    Or maybe take out some double-u double-u double-u dot backpacker insurance dot com?
  • Options
    peterson wrote: »
    Has anyone traveled the jungles of Africa / African Safari? I never done such adventurous tour ever? Anyone, pls share.

Jungles? No.

I've been on safari more times than I can count.

Depends where you go and what you want to see. Don't go there expecting you're going to be tripping over animals, it's not like that. Sometimes you get lucky and see stuff like this:

EatongirlsSamburu047.jpg

But like I said, I've been on more than I can count and I've never seen anything particularly 'rare' (aside from a leopard up a tree eating a warthog, which was pretty cool), and most of the time you're looking at the (admittedly beautiful) landscape trying to spot stuff.
  • Options
    I guess it depends on where you go on the safari. Some places you may spot animals not long into your safari, other places you have to really look for them. Where I went, it didn't take too long to spot the Elephants, Antelope or Zebras, but it took a very long time to see a Cheetah.