Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confuzelyed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yes I did just make a word up to announce my first post in ages! Its because I'm AMAZING!
Anyway, talking with a friend from uni last night and she said that when some people tell her she's attractive, looking beautiful etc that she finds them instantly sleazy, this I don't understand and I guess that its her opinion and she's allowed that. I can understand if the person is a real creep but if its a friend or a hot person in a club then not so much
Just wondered about all of you guys, how do you feel about this sort of thing?

Also I should be back on a bit more now, bit more of time on my hands, so to those that remember me, REJOICE I AM RETURNING!

Comments

• Options
    I think she means sleazy in the way that when they give her a compliment, they're doing just to get something from her... ahem, sex. She probably finds it hard to believe that these people are doing out if their own kindness
  • Options
    Welcome back! :wave:

I think I can see where she is coming from, she may think they want one thing by saying that. Or it could just be that she finds it hard to take compliments generally. How is she on other compliments? For example, I don't take compliments too well, it's a weird feeling, hard to describe. I just kind of mumble "thanks" or something. Could be like that?
  • Options
    She is the reason I don't give strangers or semi-strangers compliments, because so many of them don't know how to take them. It's a generalization. Just because she had people tell her something to woo her without meaning it, she is assuming everyone is doing it. Just don't give her any compliments, just to be on the safe side. Hell, maybe even throw a little "you smell a bit today" in there, just so she knows you are not coming on to her.
  • Options
    Welcome back! :wave:

I think I can see where she is coming from, she may think they want one thing by saying that. Or it could just be that she finds it hard to take compliments generally. How is she on other compliments? For example, I don't take compliments too well, it's a weird feeling, hard to describe. I just kind of mumble "thanks" or something. Could be like that?

She's one of my closest female friends and we both know that nothing is going to happen between us and she gets funny even when I say she's looking good! I don't really know, I reckon it might be because that she things that people are coming on to her most of the time but with me? not to sure
  • Options
    Is she a relatively shy person? It may be she gets used to blending in with people, being in the shadows sort of thing. When someone points out something that they like about her the attention/compliment feels unusual, like she's in the limelight, albeit briefly? That's kind of why I find it hard to take compliments I think. You do get used to blending in.
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    She's one of my closest female friends and we both know that nothing is going to happen between us and she gets funny even when I say she's looking good! I don't really know, I reckon it might be because that she things that people are coming on to her most of the time but with me? not to sure

First of all, stop making her compliments. If she doesn't want to hear them, there is no point in you saying them. Why are you making people compliments who are not appreciating them? Sit down and think about it. "both know that nothing is going to happen between us." Does that mean she doesn't want it, but you secretly do and are in denial about it?
  • Options
    I'm not make compliments all the time, just every now and again when I do actually think she's looking really nice, and no strubs, I honestly can say I really don't like her like that, I'm already seeing someone and I'm happiest I've been for along time when I'm with her
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    so to those that remember me

Umm... Curly_Boy :chin:... Doesn't ring any bells...

;)