Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I've got to get circumcised next week. *Dreading it.* Girls' thoughts? Guys been...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...through it?

I'm quite anxious about going back into action, as it were. The operation itself doesn't scare me so much. Will women think it's freaky? (In a bad way.) Does it make any difference to sexual activity? Is it offputting? So many questions!

I don't want to know how painful it is. I think.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds excruciating. I know that doesn't help you though....
    My ex had to have one and my only words of advice are to seriously take it easy for 6 weeks, and only when it's fully healed start having a go at a little DIY, and work towards having full sex - even if you are using other contraceptives condoms might help at first to lessen the sensitivity - because it will be very sensitive!

I didn't have issues with it, it had to be done for medical reasons and as long as it was still fully functional. You will have to get used to the different sensations all over again, but once it's healed, it's just the same as any other.

Hope it goes ok (ps - we have a sex forum where you post more stuff like this in future, I'm pretty sure the mods will just move it for the time being)
    Hi babydidabadthing:wave:,

Some really good advice from Miss riot !!

I have moved your post into the sex forum as it will probably get more of a response in there.

I hope all goes well and keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.

Take care,

B:thumb:
    Thanks for the replies, guys.

Is there anyone else out there? :o
    Never been a problem for me.
    i dont think it would be offputting. I dont think it would be an issue at all for most girls
    It wouldn't bother me either.
    Hi there babydidabadthing,

Welcome to the boards :wave:

It's always scary when facing the unknown and having all these questions. The good thing is that it's possible to know more - for example about the operation, the healing process and the after effect. It's important to ask as many questions as you can to your doctor in order to feel more comfortable - no questions are silly questions - and i am sure he/she would be willing to answer any queries.

Also have a look at our article on circumcision, which can help.

Good luck and feel free to keep posting for support!
    Curious.. Why are you getting circumcised? I hear sex doesn't feel as good after.
    I couldn't care less either way :)