Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Depressed

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, I didn't make it out in time.

Today was not too good. Doctors in the morning though.
    Sorry to hear today didn't go as planned, I hope tomorrow will be better for you *hug*

dp :heart:
    I'm completely fucked. Found myself on top of a bridge tonight but didn't have the guts to jump. Spoke to the Samaritans, they helped though, I feel suicidal. I don't know what to do with myself.
    oh RG. Try and focus on the fact its the virus that youre run down, and that theres a good chance the depression will lift a bit when your body is stronger.
    Hey Randomgirl *hug*

Sounds like another tough day for you. Hope things are clearer now after speaking to the Samaritans. The service does seem to be of some help to you at the minute which is great considering how difficult things are for you.

How did it go at the doctors the other day? I know your between therapists at the minute, but it might be a good idea to explain your situation fully to a doctor, especially considering todays events. It sounds like they really need to speed up the process of finding you a new therapist.

Hope things are easier for you tonight. :heart::heart:

Phil :thumb:
    Hello RG,

I am sorry to hear you are feeling so low, I am so proud of you, and the fact you were able to call Samaritans, that take's guts, so weldone!! Do you get Face 2 Face counselling ? How are you feeling this evening? I hope you managed to get a good nights rest *hug*
    Thanks phil and Deeds.

I went in to see the Samaritans face to face on Friday, had a cup of tea there and a long talk with one of the Sams.

The waiting list for more NHS treatment is about 9 months (for personality disorder specific therapy) but my parents have offered to pay for private treatment until then. I saw a therapist at the start of October privately but it turned out there was a conflict of interest which took a few weeks to sort out and now I have to have a different therapist who she refered me to but the new new therapist is on holiday untili Wednesday.

My Dad and Step-Mum are coming tomorrow which I am looking forward to. I am hoping to get a chance to talk to them properly.
    *hug*

It's great that you managed to go and speak to the Sams face to face :)

Fingers crossed for the new therapist, and all the best for tomorrow also :)

xxx
    Thanks.
    thinking of you honey. i hope you have a nice day with your dad and step-mum and that they can help organise some help for you really soon.

*hug*
    now my boyfriend has split up with me as he can't bear the pressure of looking after me with me being so suicidal.
    can anyone help me?
    *hug**hug**hug**hug*

im really sorry.
    I'm really sorry to hear you are struggling RandomGirl, I'm sorry I don't know what to say, well-done on being able to talk to Samaritans face 2 face, that was very brave of you *hug* What do you normally do to cope?
    *hug*

Keep going, RG. The world would be a worse place without you x
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Kaff wrote: »
    *hug*

:yes:

You and Randomboy have been through a lot together and it sounds like at this point right now focussing on looking after yourself is the most important thing as that's positive in itself and beyond it, it's impossible to say what the future holds. Have you been able to talk to anyone today? We're all thinking of you. *hug*
    **helen** wrote: »
    You and Randomboy have been through a lot together and it sounds like at this point right now focussing on looking after yourself is the most important thing as that's positive in itself and beyond it, it's impossible to say what the future holds. Have you been able to talk to anyone today? We're all thinking of you. *hug*

Agree with this! Big hugs. xxx
    *hug* we're all here for you RG x
    I'm currently staying at my Dad's out of London and he has been working from home so he can look after me. I have called the Samaritans too. I have my cat with me as well which helps. The nights are so hard though and the days too. I am seeing my GP tomorrow back in London and on Thursday we are going to our couples counselling appointment to discuss things.
    Kaff wrote: »
    *hug*

this it true x
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I'm currently staying at my Dad's out of London and he has been working from home so he can look after me. I have called the Samaritans too. I have my cat with me as well which helps. The nights are so hard though and the days too. I am seeing my GP tomorrow back in London and on Thursday we are going to our couples counselling appointment to discuss things.

Really glad to hear your Dad is looking after you. Nights are often the times our thoughts go into over-drive. I find easy reading can help - the kind of books that don't take too much concentration but are easy to get absorbed in, let us know if you think this might help and you'd like some recommendations.
    Really glad to hear your Dad is looking after you. Nights are often the times our thoughts go into over-drive. I find easy reading can help - the kind of books that don't take too much concentration but are easy to get absorbed in, let us know if you think this might help and you'd like some recommendations.

:yes: I read shitloads of Agatha Christie when I found concentration difficult.
    I don't want to go on living anymore.
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I don't want to go on living anymore.

Hey, sounds like you are going through a horrible time :( I have only talked to you a few times, but you are a lovely genuine caring person, you will come through this.
    I think you should try and go to your local Samaritans drop in today and talk to them.
    PM me if you need anything hun, always here *hug*
    twitch_m wrote: »
    Hey, sounds like you are going through a horrible time :( I have only talked to you a few times, but you are a lovely genuine caring person, you will come through this.

Thanks twitch.
    I think you should try and go to your local Samaritans drop in today and talk to them.
    PM me if you need anything hun, always here *hug*

I can't really get in to a branch where I am staying at my Dad's as they aren't very close and I'm not very confident at going on public transport on unfamiliar routes. But I did manage to ring them and they helped again. I'm still not doing very well though.
    I find easy reading can help - the kind of books that don't take too much concentration but are easy to get absorbed in, let us know if you think this might help and you'd like some recommendations.

I just bought the Larry Diaries - a diary written by the new Downing Street cat about his first 100 days in office. It's pretty easy to read.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello RG *hug*?s Sorry to hear you are still feeling low, you have been though a awfully tough week this week and it must have been very difficult for you, you are so strong and brave to actually be able to make it this far, it is very brave of you *hug* I know you can keep going, is your dad able to drive you down their? Or do you have any family relatives you trust down their you can trust to give you a lift? I?m glad you were able to contact them again, that is very brave of you ?Hugs- Hope to see you in chat later.

xx
    **Angel** wrote: »
    Hello RG *hug*?s Sorry to hear you are still feeling low, you have been though a awfully tough week this week and it must have been very difficult for you, you are so strong and brave to actually be able to make it this far, it is very brave of you *hug* I know you can keep going, is your dad able to drive you down their? Or do you have any family relatives you trust down their you can trust to give you a lift? I?m glad you were able to contact them again, that is very brave of you ?Hugs- Hope to see you in chat later.

xx
    I'm going into London on Thursday for a GP appointment so I will try to get to the central London Samaritans branch then, it will be easier than going to one of the ones here. See you in chat later.

PS thanks for the hugs x