Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bullying at work....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, I work around 22 hours per week at my current job. For two shifts I work with these two girls who basically make me feel useless, or make me do all the dirty or crap jobs. Even though it's not in my job description. I'm starting to get upset by it, especially after tonight, where I was left on my own on the shop floor while they both went and had their breaks at the same time, which isn't allowed in the first place. I feel as if I'm being walked all over, but they both really intimidate me :/ any suggestions on how I can get them to leave me alone. I'm not exactly outspoken, and have small case of social anxiety, so when I get upset I tend to not tell anyone. Do you think they see me as an easy target? :crying:

Comments

• Options
    I don't know much about the ins and outs of bullying at work. I'm hoping managements attitude is a bit better than when it happened to my partner a few years ago and they told him 'if you don't like what's happening, fuck off and get another job'

But i would advise to start keeping a diary of EVERYTHING that happens, however small or insignificant it may seem.

Date, time, incident, location, any witnesses.
  • Options
    If you work for a large business it might be worth trying to get a copy of their employee bullying/harrassment policy. Not all have one, but some do. Have a read and see what it suggests.
  • Options
    Hi Smurf,

This is one of those occasions in life when not saying something means that not only will you get hurt emotionally but chances are others will be too. You really need to stand up for yourself, either directly with the two girls or by raising things with your line manager. I'd expect your manager to take immediate action.

Remember, if they get into trouble that isn't your fault. They are the ones in the wrong here.
  • Options
    Hi Smurf,

This is one of those occasions in life when not saying something means that not only will you get hurt emotionally but chances are others will be too. You really need to stand up for yourself, either directly with the two girls or by raising things with your line manager. I'd expect your manager to take immediate action.

Remember, if they get into trouble that isn't your fault. They are the ones in the wrong here.

What he said. Unless one of the girls is actually a supervisor, the next time they tell you to do something, politely decline, then ask your manager if they actually have the authority to boss you around and take their breaks together.