Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I Don't know if I love my best friend?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, my names Jessica and im from england. :)

To cut a boring story short, my best friend is a guy, we're round each others houses every weekend sleeping over, in the same bed. we spoon and cuddle in bed, hug alot and tell each other we miss them and wish they were here and love them etc (love in a best friend way), he's given me front and back rubs before, same to him.

I'm not sure if i love him or not? this is the kidna stuff you do with a boyfriend, not best friend, do i love him? I dont think i do but why would i do this stuff :s im not an easy girl either.

Comments

• Options
    Is he nursing a boner into the small of your back when you're spooning? And if he is, do you like it?
  • Options
    He doesn't get turned on from spooning, it's not really sexual. Or from front rubs, because he's not ment to get turned on.
  • Options
    What is a "front rub" when it's at home? That sounds an awful lot like he's just massaging your boobies. Or your front bottom.
  • Options
    He doesn't get turned on from spooning, ... because he's not ment to get turned on.

Erections often happen when they are 'not meant to'. Given the right (or wrong?) circumstances, if Anne Widecombe was giving me a 'front rub', 'Mr Happy' would no doubt, wanna come out and play.

I think I need therapy after that thought.
  • Options
    You're both comfortable around each other, I don't think that means you love him - I think everyone can see your point though, if you find someone that compatible and comfortable to be around, its a match in heaven. I wouldn't say separate yourself from him, because that isn't fair on him for your feelings (though it may be nothing). Talk to him about it, but don't be so obvious that you think you like him. You just sound confused. Are you actually physically attracted to him or get those similar feelings of lust?

How old are you by the way and how long have you two been best friends?
  • Options
    We've been best friends for a year and i've known him for 3.

I don't think hes unattractive, but i don't know if im sexually attracted to him, sometimes i get a bit wet, i notice when i go to the toilet when im around him.
  • Options
    It is not necessary that you love him. Or may be you love him. But the thing is weather he loves you or not. just check out if he loves you or not, if you feel that he is also liking you in same way you can talk to him.
  • Options
    Your guestures are so intimate. If you don't like him, why you give permission to those actions? :nervous:
  • Options
    I was in exactly the same position as you, im a girl and my best friend was a guy....actually now that I think about it our situations were scarily similar :P
    Anyhoo,
    I don't think it's wrong what you're doing, you're just close to him. But what I would say is that you need to sort out what you feel for him, and ask him the same question.