Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Article

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Just a suggestion really... so I thought the term 'manic depression' was pretty outdated, with bipolar disorder being the preferred term. So I was wondering if it may be appropriate to rename the article, currently a link on the home page. nd also a bit of text, so "bipolar (formerly known as manic depression" etc etc

And just to check....I looked at the Royal College of Psychiatrists page and
Bipolar disorder used to be called ‘manic depression’. As the older name suggests, someone with bipolar disorder.....
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Thanks for this YSH - will let the ed team know this is here. :)
  • Options
    Emma_REmma_R Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    Hi there yellowseahorse

thanks for pointing this out - really useful as we hadn't realised that the name was outdated and will definitely look into it.

For us the most vital thing is making sure people can find the info if they're using Google, so we'll check and see whether most people google 'bipolar' or 'manic depression' ... it's not an exact science though! And we'll definitely put bipolar in the metatags if it's not there already. We also have to be careful with changing titles in case lots of other people are linking to us - we don't want to break their links so we'd have to create a redirect.

Sorry if this is all techy gobbledigook :) just a little insight into the decisions we have to make when it comes to article titles. Nothing is ever simple unfortunately :)

Thanks again for letting us know and please do let us know in future if you spot anything else - we really rely on this kind of feedback to keep TheSite up to date.

Emma (head of editorial on TheSite.org)