Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Stressed = Self Harm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For the past few weeks i've been finding every day stressful, there doesn't necessarily have to be a major thing that's stressing me out, like an exam, it's just the thought of having to wake up and going through another day :/ and the more i get stressed the more my thoughts escalate and it can lead me to feeling suicidal :crying: so i self harm when i feel like this, but its just becoming more and more regular and i dont know how to stop this :/

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    visit this website: www.recoveryourlife.com xx
    Hey ghostlife :heart:

That website that moomoo15 linked to is a very good resource.

There's always someone here at TheSite too, if you feel you need to unload.

If you need someone to talk to 'instantly' you could always check out Childline. They have various different ways of getting in contact with them, either through the phone instantly or even an online 1-2-1 chat service, if you'd prefer not to speak on the phone or want something more discreet. Check out the link below.

http://www.childline.org.uk/talk/Pages/Talk.aspx

Like I say, keep coming to TheSite, there will always be someone here to listen.

Let us know how you get on.

Phil *hug*
    Thank you moomoo15 and phil01 :)
    I'll give both those sites a go, I have a counsellor but at the moment I just don't feel about to talk to him about certain things :/ which kinda isn't helping with the stress cos I'm worried about annoying him or saying something which he then has to act on :S so yeah... I think if I can get rid of the stress then things might be a bit better

But enough of me rambling on, thanks again :)
    the best advice i can give you is to be as honest as you can with your counsellor, even though it's really difficult, because the better he knows you the more he can help. you really don't need to worry about annoying him, and even if you did (which i'm sure you wouldn't) he wouldn't tell you. if you hide things from him then he can't help you as well as he could as if you told the truth. yes there are issues with confidentiality in terms of keeping you safe, but if you really are feeling very low then that might not be such a bad thing to happen.

there is some stress management info here, and if you can, try to practice some deep breathing exercises for when everything is getting too much.
    Thank you for the link omg hi, i spoke to my counsellor on monday and that went alright, i tried opening up to him but then it became too difficult and i had to stop, but he's promised not to push me to say anything i dont want to say, but i think i'll try and open up to him more next monday
    That sounds like it went well, it seems your counsellor is letting you take it at your own pace which is exactly the way it should be.

dp :heart:
    Yeah, I think it's just me over worrying and panicking about everything to be honest :/