Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I reckon I know the answer but....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
... Just out of curiosity, if you were going out with someone and practically all of the time you visited them they were on onemission (sex) and whilst you don't say "no" you don't play along or lead them on or do anything basically (including keeping arms and legs crossed one time), would you pick up on their mood or not? I'm beginning to feel used. I am beginning to dread visiting. I'm guessing I need to say something but surely body language plays a part? :mad:

Comments

• Options
    I guess I would gradually. I would start wondering and not giving up just yet, or maybe ask. You could just talk to him, you know? Not go cold turkey on him and leave him to figure it out by himself. Sex often happens without strictly asking in a relationship, but if one party does not want to have sex, it is best to clearly state that there is no consent, so in my opinion, the ball is in your court.
  • Options
    Hi purpledhaze,

It is understandable that you are hoping body language will make it clear to him that something is wrong. But it seems that he is not getting it - is this something you feel you are able to talk to him about? It's clearly upsetting you, and if you feel used then this is something worth mentioning *hug*

Have a look at our article communicating as a couple for possible tips on how to approach this.
    Do let us know how you get on :) Good luck
  • Options
    From what you have said, you do know the answer. Not sure that there is anything to add other than to advise you to listen to that inner voice. It sounds to me like it could be worth it.