Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My Super Sweet 16

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just bumping this thread as it's YouthNet's 16th Birthday today! :yippe:

YouthNet is the charity that runs TheSite.org, you can find out more about our birthday here: http://www.youthnet.org/2011/10/happy-birthday-to-us/

Feel free to keep sharing your stories and when TheSite.org itself turns 16 next year we'll have plenty more celebrations for you to get involved in :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can barely remember being 16, but I do remember being socially awkward and bullied a lot. So, my advice to my younger self:

Yes, you are a geek. Look it up in the dictionary. See. Now don't worry about being called names. Don't worry about trying to be cool. You just come across as a wannabe. Embrace your geekiness. Be happy with the way you are.

You're bi. Deal with it.

Don't be afraid to ask teachers for help. You deserve to go far, don't let embarrassment hold you back.
    Don't do manufacturing engineering; it's a dead end. Go for naval architecture, or if you can't get into that, try computer programming.
    When you get to university, join the roleplaying society in the first year. It will be fun and you will make freinds.

Edited to say: And stop brushing your hair to the side. Eventually it will curl round like that, and it will be impossible to straighten out!