Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Kickboxing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok, sort of moving away from the football team threads and stuff :P
But has anyone done Kickboxing before? If so what do you exactly do and what is it like? I was told to do kickboxing as a distraction and a way to vent. I wasn't going to look into it, but I saw a few things and it looks quite fun, any more information? :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Never done it before myself, but a lot of friends do and they enjoy it. Plus the idea of being allowed to punch/kick people is rather attractive.
    Don't think about it too much, just go to the first trial lesson you can get yourself in to.
    I do Muay Thai. It's shit hot :thumb:
    bleepy wrote: »
    Ok, sort of moving away from the football team threads and stuff :P
    But has anyone done Kickboxing before? If so what do you exactly do and what is it like? I was told to do kickboxing as a distraction and a way to vent. I wasn't going to look into it, but I saw a few things and it looks quite fun, any more information? :)

I have being doing kickboxing for about a year now and love it. I was a bit scared the first few times but at the one I go to there are new people trying it out every week so it was fine. In my class we do some warm up exercies, then do some cardio work (practicing punches and kicks with a partner) then for the last bit we do a bit of sparring, where we have to try out the combinations we practiced against some of the experienced guys (basically just try and hit them). All in all I find it a great workout, and the ability to defend myself a bit was certainly useful when a chav was trying to pick a fight with my brother last year! I def recommend it. :D
    very helpful

thanks !! very helpful post!
    Ok, well this was from like 3 months ago, but theres a class set up in my town for kickboxing - it's been running a month or so but just found out about it - so i'm going tonight.. hopefully if i find the courage.. really nervous!
    Yay! Good luck with that, I really hope you find the courage. I think that exercise really helps with mood so it might help with the other issues you've been posting about recently. My boyfriend (snuggly_warm) really enjoys his kickboxing so I hope you do too. Let us know how it goes.

:d
    I went to kickboxing classes and It's fun an easy to follow up.

Hope you liked it. ;)
    my brother wants to do this.

anyone know of a kickboxing academy in the surrey area
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Yay! Good luck with that, I really hope you find the courage. I think that exercise really helps with mood so it might help with the other issues you've been posting about recently. My boyfriend (snuggly_warm) really enjoys his kickboxing so I hope you do too. Let us know how it goes.
    :d
    (Ok it was months ago but I'll reply now :P) I went & watched, said I'd think about it - but I was a bit uncertain because it was all people in their 30s, meaning I would be the youngest and that was quiet nerving and also it was £5 per session and I couldn't afford it.. I didn't end up going back though, it did look like fun though!
    my brother wants to do this.
    anyone know of a kickboxing academy in the surrey area
    If you google "kickboxing in surrey" LOADS of results come up, I don't know where abouts you are so couldn't really specify :P

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=0&oq=Surrey+Kickboxi&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_en-GBGB335GB335&q=surrey+kickboxing
    I've been doing Kickboxing for about 3 1/2 months now and I'm loving it :D
    I think its great for fitness, I'm sure I've gotten a lot fitter learning to bounce on my feet and get some power in to my punches. I think learning to kick properly has increased my flexibility around the hip and taught me a lot about how the leg muscles work :)
    i think kickboxing is a nice sport
    Yeah guys boxing is very famous now a days a and i love this game from two years ago but my favorite player is M.ALi which is very famous in all over the world so in the america Zeb joda is a good player.

Strategy Games